RA-5C Vigilante - scratchprinted

Starfighter

11 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Thanks for your great proposals! The RVAH-14 markings are brilliant, but were worn by early RA-5Cs only to my understanding - curved intake lips, short LERX and short nozzles. Mine is a late one, so that's sadly not an option. Thierry, did you know RVAH-14'S BuNo 150833 even visited Bierset in June 1969?

No, RVAH-14 also had late Vigis - the image I posted shows the long LERX and straight intake lips.  They did also use the early version in similar markings.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:14 AM, jenshb said:

If you like a Mojito - RVAH-13:) 

RA-5C-RVAH-13-1976.jpg

Although my personal favourite is RVAH-14 with the eagle head on the nose. 

RA-5C_Vigilante_of_RVAH-14_in_flight_c19

Intend to finish my Trumpeter Vigi in those markings whenever I get around to it.  I'm still amazed that you've managed to design a complete model in less time than many people would build a kit.

I still remember all the help you gave me for my RVAH14 Viggie back in the days on ARC, I'm still grateful for your wisdom and knowledge!

IMG_1006.jpg

On 3/17/2022 at 8:44 AM, Starfighter said:

Thanks for your great proposals! The RVAH-14 markings are brilliant, but were worn by early RA-5Cs only to my understanding - curved intake lips, short LERX and short nozzles. Mine is a late one, so that's sadly not an option. Thierry, did you know RVAH-14'S BuNo 150833 even visited Bierset in June 1969? 

Well, 'short' is relative - I have no exact numbers, but the CAD files alone have taken me not far from 300 hours until now... 

Hi Ben,

As someone else pointed it I think RVAH-14 also used the later batch. I ignored they came to Bierset but I was still a toddler at that time! Air forces meets of that time gathered an incredible number of very heterogeneous planes. This was really a golden period regarding that! Too Bad our parents did not have digital cameras!  

300 hours is impressive but as you succeeded in cramming them in 3 months, this is what I considered to be a 'short' period. Terrific work!

Not a lot of progress this week, I'm busy preparing for a big model show in Germany this weekend - Euro Model Expo at Heiden. I managed to paint the cockpit and to add tons of Anyz knobs. In addition, the fuselage was closed. Besides that, I am busy redoing the wings again. @Richard J was kind enough to point out some errors and to provide extremely useful information which enables me to make the 3D model significantly more accurate. Thanks again for that, Richard! 

And here's what I did over the last few days:

img_3677dqkpv.jpg

img_3678ymkhh.jpg

And last but not least, a crappy pic of the assembled fuselage. 

img_3695j7jt5.jpg