RA-5C Vigilante - scratchprinted

Starfighter

“Looking right” is absolutely the best way to go.  It was my experience that all the surface detail was visible when the airplane was naked, but it all just sort of disappeared under a coat of paint.  It may have been that the airplane was so smooth and slick that nothing really stood out, or maybe it was just so gorgeous overall that it was hard to make yourself look for the piddly stuff.

4 hours ago, Starfighter said:

it is more important to capture the look of the surface detail instead of offering a correct number of rivets. Keep in mind, all the surface detail is not really to scale - like I said, it has to "look" right. 

Absolutely mate.  that's going to look amazing.  Gives texture to a model even if you dont see it until you're up close or can wash then in grimy areas.....nice!

I have spent quite some time adding more surface detail and preparing the main gear wells. The fuselage surface detail is pretty much finished, so I went ahead and mirrored the LH side fuselage halves in order to get a full fuselage. I will now add the non-symmetrical surface detail to each half before I can print them. 

screenshot2022-02-221t1jc2.jpg

screenshot2022-02-221f0kdt.jpg

screenshot2022-02-22194jc3.jpg

screenshot2022-02-221utjro.jpg

Basic detail added to the main landing gear wells:

screenshot2022-02-2318djm4.jpg

No need to put too much effort into the forward portion of the bay as it'll be hidden by the closed lower gear door anyway. Like the big forward landing gear door (which was even locked with the landing gear in locked position), they were pretty much always closed on the ground.

screenshot2022-02-231arj9d.jpg

screenshot2022-02-231s2jj4.jpg

Isn't she a beauty? The full depth intake trunks are visible from this perspective as well. 

screenshot2022-02-231hzk22.jpg

screenshot2022-02-231zckpf.jpg