15 minutes of fame

was a guest on the Rampcheck podcast

Back in 2020.

stories about flying jets. Not for the easily offended-

cheers

Pete

oh and BTW- don’t look for me on Instagram. I have left that platform since this podcast aired-

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

been invited to do an episode of lessons from the cockpit podcast with Mark Hasara- should be fun! I’ll post a link when it’s released-

cheers

Pigfighter

That will be great. 

Certainly sounds like you had some great fun in your career. "take me to 20000 ft and cut me loose!" So Funny! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pete, that was an hour well spent mate! I wholeheartedly agree with all the points you guys covered — a lot of them translate well over to the civilian side of aviation. I learned more in the coffee shop hanging with the boys - listening to their stories, experiences and screw-ups about flying floats… than I ever did in the briefing room… and it ALL saved my bacon… I still fly the king of STOL: the DHC-6 on whipline 13000 floats (seasonally next to my airline job) in some of the most demanding sea conditions in the world and when I first signed on - I was paying attention to the details of those who had been there before and were more experienced then me… I learned valuable lessons early on in the career that kept me safe, and alive … I didn’t have to go out and make the same mistakes or errors as them… and to think it only cost me a cup of coffee sometimes… I  just went out and filled my own experience bucket up and lived long enough to pass it all down to the junior team members… the sad thing I notice with the newest team members is the addiction to the cell phones… and when I need to chirp up and say something it’s not well received - and normally ends up with me being ghosted and their faces glued to a screen with ear pods in… 

I can only do so much… 

But, a UPRT course sounds like something I would enjoy and learn from… if and when I make it over to the US, I’ll let you know!

Cheers mate, thanks for sharing your experiences! Awesome content!!

Alan