Tamiya New Item(s)

MikeC

16 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Well, it does have a Honda motor in it and is the last year for Honda's participation in F1.

Carl

Apparently Honda have had a change of heart for some reason over the down season and will provide Honda badged engines/ engineering direvt from Japan till end 2025 before the regs kick in! 

Regards. Andy 

My favorite thing in scale modeling is a new kit from Tamiya.  I did a quick coming of my usual sources, I cannot find any confirmation that this is or is not a plastic kit although there is certainly a new release coming of something.  Tamiya is making a biggish deal of it so it is not 1/35 armor or 1/48 armor, they don:t seem to ever hype those.  Might not be a plastic kit at all though we will have to wait it looks like.    I think there is reason to be optimistic we might get an LSP until proven otherwise though.

Another reason I am happy is that if this is a 1/32 LSP, I have time to review whether I want it, the new Great Wall P-40 or the new Zoukei 109G.  I will probably buy one of the three but not all three.  

Edited by cbk57

3 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

A large scale Me109G6....?

I have thought it a given that they would do this in 1/32 since they did the 1/48 kit.  Not that I have any idea when they might get around to it but they have never done a German 1/32 so this was the one I always thought would be next.

A brand new 32nd P-51D, massively upgraded from the previous Mustang kit.  I'm sure of it.  

Just to play along though:

F-86 

F6F Hellcat

New tool F-4, starting with the F-4C because that is the kit I am halfway through building. 

2 hours ago, O.W said:

Or Toto smashing his headphone.......

Ooh....a vinquete, very special from the big T

Personally I'm hoping for a big fat sexy Wellington!  Equally a nice completely new 32nd subject would be very nice at last.

Regards. Andy  

A variant of the venerable Me 109 would fill the "iconic German aircraft"

Catagory. Perhaps an Emil? ZM is seemingly all over the G series, not sure Tamiya wants to go head to head with ZM in the 109 arena.