1/48 Hobby Boss F84 F Thunderstreak ......Iteration No 4 in the NMF trails .....

Panzerwomble

Continuing my current obsession with NMF , alcad et all , more filthy aluminium adventures in 1950's jet world .

Hobby Boss's F84F in 1/48 , literally fell together , nice engraving and panel lines, apparently more accurate shape than Kinetics offering . Even the cockpit as half ok , with some PE belts thrown in . 

Gotta thank Max @mozart for his words on encouragement a while back to buy a Silhouette , as it seemed a lot of outlay to risk to me, especially as I'm not great on computers anymore .

So...... this model is 80% masked as well. :P Woot - I can now scratch and sand the markings to my hearts content and goodbye sneaky shiny decals, glossing and microsol ripping up my paint .....mostly . 

Laters 

PW 

IMG-0446.jpg

IMG-0414.jpg

IMG-0455.jpg

IMG-0465.jpg

IMG-0416.jpg

IMG-0423.jpg

Edited by Panzerwomble
speeeelign

• Panzerwomble changed the title to 1/48 Hobby Boss F84 F Thunderstreak ......Iteration No 4 in the NMF trails .....

Nice!  Lovely work. We really need one of these is LSP size. 

14 minutes ago, mozart said:

One word......superb!!!  

PS I'm coming up to Oxford at the end of Feb, fancy a drink in:

g2JSG0.jpg

Not a HUGE drinker, but sitting in an English pub sipping a pint IN England is on the bucket list for sure.  The wife and are into a lot of Brit telly lately so its been even more on my mind. 

9 minutes ago, mozart said:

Has to be proper beer though Brian, a good bitter for instance at the right, ie room temperature, none of your fizzy cold stuff! 

Too true my friend!   We did the same when we were in Germany for a short time. Somehow EU and British "room temp" seems nice and cool and easy to drink vs our "room temp" which tastes like you couldn't find the loo on warm day! 

I think our beer is chill because no-one could stand the taste if it was room temp. 

2 hours ago, mozart said:

One word......superb!!!  

PS I'm coming up to Oxford at the end of Feb, fancy a drink in:

g2JSG0.jpg

Yes totally!!  is my other favorite Oxford pub , after the Bookbinders ....and the Lamb and Flag and and and ...

FYI - they do nice pies as well Brian @Out2gtcha 

13 hours ago, etendard said:

hi,

I'm tempted to buy a silhouette cutter but i'm wondering which one to buy, cameo pro4  ?,or other types which suits our/ my  modelling needs.

Also what accessories do i need to buy extra 

Thanks in advance,

Frankie

I got a cameo, but for modeling purposes I think any of them will work.  The only accessories I have bought are a few different types of adhesive film to make stencils from.

14 hours ago, etendard said:

hi,

I'm tempted to buy a silhouette cutter but i'm wondering which one to buy, cameo pro4  ?,or other types which suits our/ my  modelling needs.

Also what accessories do i need to buy extra 

Thanks in advance,

Frankie

I've got a Portrait 3 and it does all I need it to. I would recommend visiting the scale model paint mask forum, pleny of good advice (and familiar names) over there.

https://www.scalemodelpaintmasks.com/

On 1/27/2022 at 3:37 PM, Panzerwomble said:

I can now scratch and sand the markings to my hearts content and goodbye sneaky shiny decals, glossing and microsol ripping up my paint .....mostly . 

:hi: to the world of masking, and that is a great F-84F. :goodjob:

6 hours ago, MikeC said:

:hi: to the world of masking, and that is a great F-84F. :goodjob:

Cheers - I was happy making my own decals once in a while, but they can be hit and miss, this however is really an end to OOB.

If I have a picture or can draw it.............. it's as quick to make a mask. ....and made some new vinyl graphics for the motorbike last week as well .

Cameo 4 for the win ! 

@etendard The making film most people seem to use (inc me )  is Oramask810 , cuts well , weeds easily , and is slightly rubbery/elastic, so conforms to curves well . Doesn't lift Alclad or acrylic paint either . Piece of Gateaux to use.  

Edited by Panzerwomble