1/32 Bf 109 E-3, E-4 & E-7 trop from Hobby 2000 (Dragon rebox) - released

barkhorn

8 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I'm not at all sure.  I'm building the Hobby 2000 version and they're the instructions I'm talking about.  However, I've seen a picture of the Dragon instruction sheet, and it appears to be the same.

There are three different H2000 kits, so I'd ASS-U-ME that the instructions are somewhat different. These are the instuctions for the Dragon/Cyber hobby E-4:

Cyber hobby Bf 109 E-4

3 hours ago, ivanmoe said:

There are three different H2000 kits, so I'd ASS-U-ME that the instructions are somewhat different. These are the instuctions for the Dragon/Cyber hobby E-4:

Cyber hobby Bf 109 E-4

Nope.  Pretty much the same as the E-3 and E-7, allowing for the few different parts used in each model.

Cheers,

Michael

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Indeed, if you have no reply from the company, contact Hannants. They have a quite good aftersales service.

I hope so.  I've bought enough from them over the years :D.  I'll give them a try when I get back from a short break.

Thanks,

Michael

On 6/4/2022 at 5:30 AM, ivanmoe said:

Cyber hobby Bf 109 E-4

The 'instruction' sheets are all the same, the marking and stencil illustrations are different in the

H2000 kits as they are on seperate glossy sheets (nicer than the Dragon's). The sprue layout is

on a seperate sheet as well.

I checked my Dragon and H2000 kits for missing parts.  Note that the part in question here is molded onto a long branch of the sprue.  It needs to be cut off during manufacturing so the sprue will fit in the box.  All my kits have the thing floating around within a sealed bag within a larger bag.   One bag within the H2000 box was sliced open and not resealed I bet to put the part inside.  The bag containing the part was packed in the box separately from the larger, sealed bag.   Seems to be they missed your kit.  Now everyone check their kits to see if you have two.  

3 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

All my kits have the thing floating around within a sealed bag within a larger bag.   One bag within the H2000 box was sliced open and not resealed I bet to put the part inside.  The bag containing the part was packed in the box separately from the larger, sealed bag.   Seems to be they missed your kit.  Now everyone check their kits to see if you have two.  

A-1 is unattached in a semi-sealed bag in my A2000 box. I have the E-4 version and the instructions are the same as the Dragon E-4 instructions that I referenced earlier. BTW, this is a busy kit. I think that I'll have to do some research as regards its eccentricities before proceeding.

Edited by ivanmoe

4 minutes ago, ivanmoe said:

A-1 is unattached in a semi-sealed bag in my A2000 box. I have the E-4 version and the instructions are the same as the Dragon E-4 instructions that I referenced earlier. BTW, this is a busy kit. I think that I'll have to do some research as regards its eccentricities before proceeding.

If I recall correctly, the nose area is the worst, and requires very careful assembly, as well as a bit of grinding here and there for proper fit. Aside from that, it's a wonderful kit.

12 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I checked my Dragon and H2000 kits for missing parts.  Note that the part in question here is molded onto a long branch of the sprue.  It needs to be cut off during manufacturing so the sprue will fit in the box.  All my kits have the thing floating around within a sealed bag within a larger bag.   One bag within the H2000 box was sliced open and not resealed I bet to put the part inside.  The bag containing the part was packed in the box separately from the larger, sealed bag.   Seems to be they missed your kit.  Now everyone check their kits to see if you have two.  

Good to know.  I've had a good look through to make sure I have not missed it or misplaced it and it'd definitely not there.  So if by some small chance someone does have two, please let me know.  This problem is giving me motivation issues with this kit.

8 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

If I recall correctly, the nose area is the worst, and requires very careful assembly, as well as a bit of grinding here and there for proper fit. Aside from that, it's a wonderful kit.

Good to know.  If I get that far, that is....  :lol:

Cheers,

Michael

On 6/4/2022 at 7:24 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

I'm speaking of the Hobby 2000 kit, purchased from Hannants in London.  Are you saying I should contact them, rather than the manufacturer??

Hi Michael,

Yes, the usual modus operandi when a customer has a claim is to contact the seller who should then contact the distributor/manufacturer. In this case Hannants should be the right source - I spoke with Hobby 2000 and they can send the missing part to Hannants who would then forward it to you. If this sounds ok for you, please send me a PM.

Regarding the assembly guide, those in H2K kits are usually based on the drawings supplied by the manufacturer and that is the case with the Emil kits.

10 hours ago, barkhorn said:

Hi Michael,

Yes, the usual modus operandi when a customer has a claim is to contact the seller who should then contact the distributor/manufacturer. In this case Hannants should be the right source - I spoke with Hobby 2000 and they can send the missing part to Hannants who would then forward it to you. If this sounds ok for you, please send me a PM.

Regarding the assembly guide, those in H2K kits are usually based on the drawings supplied by the manufacturer and that is the case with the Emil kits.

That was a well timed reply.  I've only just last night got back from a five day holiday in Darwin.  :)

That sounds very definitely OK to me.  I'll be very happy if I can get that part, however it comes.  PM will be sent right after posting this.  Thank you for your help with this.  Very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Has anyone had any luck obtaining replacement parts from Hobby 2000 or the kit supplier, I have 2 of the same wheel well inserts I have contacted where I brought it from and supplied photos but have heard nothing back yet. Cheers Bob.

10 hours ago, TankBuster said:

Hi Has anyone had any luck obtaining replacement parts from Hobby 2000 or the kit supplier, I have 2 of the same wheel well inserts I have contacted where I brought it from and supplied photos but have heard nothing back yet. Cheers Bob.

I don't know where you are but I had the same issue with 2 of my 3 kits. I contacted the shop I brought them through who put me in touch with their supplier who replaced my parts with no issues. I would suggest contacting where you got your kits from. 

I bought my kit from Hannants, who have been pretty quick in getting on to H2K, who in turn seem to have been rather unhelpful.  Hannants supplied them with my address so that they could send it on to me, but they said no and would send it on to Hannants with their next shipment to them for Hannants to send it on to me.  Still waiting, and it's an important part.

D1zmQu.jpg

So now I'm in the position where I'm going to add the last parts needed prior to painting, then put the model aside and commence painting when/if I get the part.  The model itself is great, but since there seems to be a high incidence of missing or wrong parts in the box, I'm increasingly unlikely to want to buy another.  This is a shame, as I'd love to build their E-7, but there's plenty of other great kits out there to occupy my time.  Ultimately, this type of problem is the manufacturer's problem, not the distributor's or retailer's.  Kudos to Hannants for trying to help out.  Minus 10 out of 10 points to H2K.

Cheers,

Michael