1/32 Bf 109 E-3, E-4 & E-7 trop from Hobby 2000 (Dragon rebox) - released

barkhorn

Hi, parcel has been found in a container on a ship on the high seas somewhere on the way to me. I glad I now know where it is and when it should arrive, I had 2 shipping options for kit Polish post was $7 Aus or courier for a lot more so I chose the post option but it did not say air or surface just economy, I thought it was a bit cheap for air and I was right just wished I had known from the start.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:21 AM, Jeff T said:

Thanks a lot Bob!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Jeff not sure what option you took but if was same as me ship is due to arrive in Aus 22nd May and delivery about 3 weeks later. Cheers Bob.

17 minutes ago, TankBuster said:

Hi, parcel has been found in a container on a ship on the high seas somewhere on the way to me. I glad I now know where it is and when it should arrive, I had 2 shipping options for kit Polish post was $7 Aus or courier for a lot more so I chose the post option but it did not say air or surface just economy, I thought it was a bit cheap for air and I was right just wished I had known from the start.

Jeff not sure what option you took but if was same as me ship is due to arrive in Aus 22nd May and delivery about 3 weeks later. Cheers Bob.

No worries Bob!...thanks for that,...I cant remember what option I took, I'd have to look at the order again, ..I'm in no hurry for it, but I do hope it gets here!..:lol:

Cheer's,

Jeff.

• 4 weeks later...

Polish company BitsKrieg released a bunch of accessories for the Hobby 2000/DML kit - here's an inbox review:
https://www.kfs-miniatures.com/1-32-dodatki-do-bf-109e-dragon-hobby2000-bitskrieg/
I suggested them to give a thought to the issue of DS parts for main landing gear bay...

On 2/27/2022 at 2:26 AM, Jboldt007 said:

me want another HGW E-7 trop limited edition. i stupidly screwed up the one i got. It's awesome with like the Yehu dash and HGW wet-transfer decals which are superior in my opinion. but i made a grave painting error. So dumb. But anyway it has the cyber-model / dragon bits. 

just strip the paint

• 2 weeks later...

Still think this kit is one of the best Emils out there. Instructions can be confusing. One big problem. The pipes on partB-20 will not fit to the join points on the firewall (F1) and the loving tabs are on the side rather than the top. Am I missing something here? would appreciate any thoughts. It wont matter if you assemble the front end buttoned up, but the engine is mesquite. Such a shame.

As to the moveable Flaps, Rudder and Ailerons, they are Sui tiny As an 80 year old modeler I don't have the eyesight or fingers for them. 

Dick the Warthog WSO

I just purchased two seats from bitskrieg, albeit in 1/48 scale as I ordered two of Wingsy kits 1/48 109s, I have a dragon and eduard set of 109s in 1/32 but I just would prefer a simpler build for this project.  I have my 109s for sale on the traders board if anyone is interested.  Anyway I am looking foreword to checking out the bitskrieg parts and seeing what else they offer.

5 hours ago, Night Hog said:

Still think this kit is one of the best Emils out there. Instructions can be confusing. One big problem. The pipes on partB-20 will not fit to the join points on the firewall (F1) and the loving tabs are on the side rather than the top. Am I missing something here? would appreciate any thoughts. It wont matter if you assemble the front end buttoned up, but the engine is mesquite. Such a shame.

As to the moveable Flaps, Rudder and Ailerons, they are Sui tiny As an 80 year old modeler I don't have the eyesight or fingers for them. 

Dick the Warthog WSO

Others have encountered this silly design.  Google the kit builds and watch a few videos. The engine has a few tricky areas that need to be addressed in a particular order.  The cockpit, build via the diagram from the floor up.  Watch out for the wind screen fuselage interface. Send me PM of you are interested. 

I'm building one of these at the moment, and have to agree that the instructions are not at all clear in places.  It's a nicely molded kit with mostly good parts fit and well detailed so I'm hopeful it will turn out well.

But I've come up against one other big issue.  They're support service appears to be non existent.  I'm missing the fuselage gun cowling (part A1) and two requests for help have produced no response at all.  I had been thinking of building an E-7, but that purchase appears increasingly.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

On 6/1/2022 at 1:58 PM, Night Hog said:

Dick the Warthog WSO

These kits are fantastic!  They are a sad reminder of what we could have gotten all these years from Dragon in 1/32 scale, but did not, simply because Dragon doesn't seem interested in airplanes.

Had they popped out a few kits a year since, say, 2005, the entire 1/32 landscape would be dramatically different, and the best kit out there for many aircraft would probably still be the one from Dragon.

If only they had done it!

On 6/2/2022 at 1:36 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

I'm building one of these at the moment, and have to agree that the instructions are not at all clear in places.  It's a nicely molded kit with mostly good parts fit and well detailed so I'm hopeful it will turn out well.

But I've come up against one other big issue.  They're support service appears to be non existent.  I'm missing the fuselage gin cowling (part A1) and two requests for help have produced no response at all.  I had been thinking of building an E-7, but that purchase appears increasingly.

Cheers,

Michael

The same engine cover part on the Eduard kit is very close to the Hobby 2000 part you are missing.  You could solve your problem if you portray a partially open engine with the Eduard part on the ground next to the model.  I would add the inside details after small modification to the part to complete the illusion.  That said i am hoping that Hobby 2000 or Dragon comes through 

On 6/2/2022 at 7:36 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

But I've come up against one other big issue.  They're support service appears to be non existent.  I'm missing the fuselage gin cowling (part A1) and two requests for help have produced no response at all.  I had been thinking of building an E-7, but that purchase appears increasingly.

Are you speaking about Dragon's or Hobby 2000 edition? If the latter, where did you buy your example (it is the seller who should be the primary subject for any claims) and who did you try to contact regarding the missing part?

On 6/2/2022 at 12:36 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

I'm building one of these at the moment, and have to agree that the instructions are not at all clear in places.

Are the original Dragon docs any better?

4 hours ago, barkhorn said:

Are you speaking about Dragon's or Hobby 2000 edition? If the latter, where did you buy your example (it is the seller who should be the primary subject for any claims) and who did you try to contact regarding the missing part?

I'm speaking of the Hobby 2000 kit, purchased from Hannants in London.  Are you saying I should contact them, rather than the manufacturer??

1 hour ago, ivanmoe said:

Are the original Dragon docs any better?

I'm not at all sure.  I'm building the Hobby 2000 version and they're the instructions I'm talking about.  However, I've seen a picture of the Dragon instruction sheet, and it appears to be the same.

Cheers,

Michael

9 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

The same engine cover part on the Eduard kit is very close to the Hobby 2000 part you are missing.  You could solve your problem if you portray a partially open engine with the Eduard part on the ground next to the model.  I would add the inside details after small modification to the part to complete the illusion.  That said i am hoping that Hobby 2000 or Dragon comes through 

I don't have the Eduard kit, so can't use that option.  My preferred option is for Hobby 2000 to come through with a replacement part too, but I have some other ideas if that doesn't happen.

Cheers,

Michael

5 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I'm speaking of the Hobby 2000 kit, purchased from Hannants in London.  Are you saying I should contact them, rather than the manufacturer??

Cheers,

Michael

Indeed, if you have no reply from the company, contact Hannants. They have a quite good aftersales service.