Echelon molds?

thierry laurent

I'm interested too, especially in fresh E E Lightning mouldings (suckings?).  Between Aerocraft's intended clear resin canopy parts and a host of Aires and ResKit resin, vac form has never been so inviting (especially if the LG may still be cast).

Tony 

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

And. … we would need the cast metal parts too. Amazing kits these were and still are. 

Actually few of the metal parts are still required for the Lightning as most of the areas covered by them are now better covered by aftermarket: 

- cockpit 

- LG wells 

- wheels 

- exhausts 

- refueling probe 

- pitot tube 

This leaves the LG legs (I do not want to consider SAC ones as a really acceptable option), end of arresting hook and canopy hinge!

And the situation is quite comparable for the Hunter.

It is nonetheless true some items will be more annoying (e.g. technical stencils) as they are OOP for ages.

That I don't know Rick.

We were members of the same model club - Thames Valley Scale Model Club - in the '80s, early '90s - when Frank was developing the Hunter and Lightning kits - so kept abreast of the projects as they developed - and built some test shots of the Hunter.

IIRC he'd retired from British Airways (747 Flight Engineer?) before starting work on the Hunter kits.

Frank would be in his late 80's now, I think...

Here's Frank - from the late, great, Ted Taylor's website:

frank-brown-creator.jpg

A perfectionist - and really nice man.

Iain