Takom 1:16 Panzer IB

LSP_K2

This was a while in happening, but I've now finally sprayed the road wheels and return rollers. I used Tamiya XF-87 for this, which is an excellent match for the MRP grey used on the vehicle itself, not a perfect match, but certainly close enough. They'll all probably require a little touch-up here and there, but I've grown to expect that. Once skanked up with washes, powders, concrete dust, colored pencils and a bit of dried mud/dirt, they should look just fine (I hope).

nXXCsW.jpg

And another contrast shot.

O968Rs.jpg

While I was already in a spraying mood, I've now given the remainder of the bits and pieces a spritzing with Tamiya XF-87. The drive sprockets still need some work, so I'll hold off on painting those for a bit. I left the jack mounted wire cutters off until after painting is complete, so the bracket for that is only installed loosely. Once I tweak the hull just a bit more, I'll start spraying the chocolate brown, and I'm really looking forward to that, probably this week sometime.

iUgPMI.jpg

After accidentally ordering two of the ammo "concrete" powders, then discovering that it's a bizarre yellowish color, I ordered a tub of another brand.

XmIw9K.jpg

While it's a lot closer to what I had in mind, it's still a sort of brownish shade, but I think will work out OK, especially with the other treatments the tank will eventually receive. Some of this new stuff has already been smeared here and there on the road wheel, but barely shows up at all in the photo, it's so subtle, though when viewed "in person", actually looks pretty cool, at least to me.

tOW0lR.jpg