Takom 1:16 Panzer IB

LSP_K2

Oh Boy, tracks! Tonight I began the time consuming (and tedious) task of cleaning up and assembling the track runs for this baby. 100 pieces per side, at least as a starting point, but I'll adjust as needed.

Cleaned up, pinned, excess pin cut off and pin head glued in place. (This is but 20 links out of one hundred per side, so I still have quite a way to go.)

cxWZ6J.jpg

The best thing though, is the fact that track flex remains.

ctyEbH.jpg

41 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

I saw a set of tracts from the kit on eBay.  If you want more spares to mount On the tank let me know.  We can split a set. 

It's a nice thought, Rick, and I appreciate it. For the moment, I'll live with what I have, as they did give me 10 extra links. Right now I'm considering the eventual purchase of the Trex set for my IA. 

Good news, and not so good news. The good news? My order of Tamiya paints for this effort arrived a couple of days ago, when I was away from the house. The bad news? The XF-90, which is supposed to be red brown, is actually more green than anything, though that doesn't seem to show up well in the photo. So, now I have to order more paint, wait a few days for it to be delivered, and that, combined with a complete lack of passion at the moment, means I'll probably not get it finished for the show in September. I will soldier on when and as the mood strikes, so will eventually finish it. This sucks.

NKQHBG.jpg

9 hours ago, N.H.71 said:

I‘ve seen this video also mentioning the brown being more like a green in the bottle but when sprayed turning into brown. Strange.

Interestingly, that's exactly what's happened to me too. Both patches of the -90, now appear to be an excellent chocolate color, with just a teeny hint of red, perfect for this early Panzer, so it'll be OK to use "as-is". Very strange indeed.

Hace 10 horas, LSP_K2 dijo:

Hasta aquí todo bien. Se trata de 80 piezas de vía, limpiadas, fijadas y pegadas. Nuevamente, pequeños pasos, pero mejor que ningún paso.

4Y206o.jpg

Y una vez más se mantiene el track flex, que es excelente (y necesario).

4l07is.jpg

Ese tedioso trabajo avanza poco a poco y se ve muy bien.

Edited by josebagasteiz

Apparently I can't count. What I thought was 80, turned out to actually be 60, so tonight I made it my mission to finish the other 40. What you see here is now 100 pieces even, enough for one side of the vehicle. From this experience, I now suspect it'll be quite some time before I tackle the 1:16 Panzer IA!

iTgNOy.jpg

10 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

You should save up your model building mojo and patience for one and/or two of the next variants to be released this year. :D

I seriously doubt that I'll be getting either of those. The next big armor kit on my hit list, is the 1:16 Panzer III, then I'll have to decide between it and the StuG IIIG, or possibly resuming work on my big ol' Jagdtiger.