Takom 1:16 Panzer IB

LSP_K2

The bad news. Spraying out on the deck, I accidentally sent the whole thing tumbling to the deck surface, picking up all manner of dirt, grass bits and other crud. However, no major damage was sustained, and complete cleanup will just be a matter of lightly buffing with some mild Scotch-Brite.

l7Fdry.jpg

10 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Oh boy, new paints. Much to my surprise, the "Panzer Grey", is actually marked as Swedish army, but still appears to be an OK match for the look I'm after. The MRP grey specifically for German AFVs, is almost black, so I avoided that, at least for now.

Slrv2n.jpg

Almost black is actually correct for factory fresh paint. German grey tanks were very dark if you look at wartime pics of newer vehicles. Fading and especially dust made them look lighter, and then there is scale effect. Modelling “fashion” has gone for a much lighter grey, too.

8 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Almost black is actually correct for factory fresh paint. German grey tanks were very dark if you look at wartime pics of newer vehicles. Fading and especially dust made them look lighter, and then there is scale effect. Modelling “fashion” has gone for a much lighter grey, too.

I agree, the look I'm after may or may not be realistic, just what I want to see.

To whomever may eventually build this kit (or the IA), it's a ton easier to add the transmission vent pipe before adding the antenna trough. I did it the other way 'round, as the instructions are pretty vague, then had to snake the pipe underneath, which is still not 100% correct, though looks at least acceptable.

On 7/23/2022 at 12:02 PM, LSP_K2 said:

To whomever may eventually build this kit (or the IA), it's a ton easier to add the transmission vent pipe before adding the antenna trough. I did it the other way 'round, as the instructions are pretty vague, then had to snake the pipe underneath, which is still not 100% correct, though looks at least acceptable.

Did the same thing, you are right!

On 7/23/2022 at 12:02 PM, LSP_K2 said:

I am Not there yet but good to know.  Nothing like fiddly things caused by me to drain the joy out of a bench session. 

And the Panzer finally has its base coat of grey. I have to say I hate the way this MRP sprays, and seriously doubt that I'll buy any more, other than perhaps base colors, but certainly not for camouflage colors like this vehicle needs. And oh my does it ever stink up the place. I am very happy with the color though, and that's a major plus.

n23cgc.jpg

QdJdns.jpg

16 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Y el Panzer finalmente tiene su capa base de color gris. Debo decir que odio la forma en que este MRP rocía, y dudo seriamente que compre más, además de los colores básicos, pero ciertamente no para los colores de camuflaje que necesita este vehículo. Y, oh, ¿alguna vez apesta el lugar? Sin embargo, estoy muy contento con el color, y eso es una gran ventaja.

n23cgc.jpg

QdJdns.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how to goes on with the paint job. 

3 hours ago, josebagasteiz said:

Looking forward to seeing how to goes on with the paint job. 

It'll have to wait a few days until I get some better paint. The MRP color looks excellent, but I'm not about to try spraying the camo with it.

On 7/22/2022 at 5:46 PM, LSP_K2 said:

The bad news. Spraying out on the deck, I accidentally sent the whole thing tumbling to the deck surface, picking up all manner of dirt, grass bits and other crud. However, no major damage was sustained, and complete cleanup will just be a matter of lightly buffing with some mild Scotch-Brite.

l7Fdry.jpg

IIRC This  is your second boo boo spill. You need to corral your paint bottles cowboy. And stick the tank down with Blu Tack.  

15 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

IIRC This  is your second boo boo spill. You need to corral your paint bottles cowboy. And stick the tank down with Blu Tack.  

Not with this kit, I don't think. I'm normally very careful when I'm painting. Waiting for some more Tamiya colors right now so I can resume. My goal had been to begin painting before July ended, so I've at least accomplished that much, which pleases me a bunch.