Takom 1:16 Panzer IB

LSP_K2

• 2 weeks later...

Happy news for me. I hadn't realized that the idler arms had never been glued in place (and perhaps shouldn't be), but I glued them on now, in a sort of neutral position, so hopefully any "track slack" can be dealt with by the addition or removal of a track link.

33 minutes ago, josebagasteiz said:

I don't know what those parts are or where they are placed. 

Two are lifting hooks, placed either side of the hull, and the other is a lifting ring that attaches to the jack.

I assumed the turret was as close to ready as I was going to get it before testing, so spritzed on some primer to check. All in all, just two tiny areas that need a spot of putty, as far as individual piece join seams are concerned, which is great. (Closer inspection today does reveal a few more tiny issues that need straightening out, but they're very minor.)

TAOajv.jpg

However, the two vertical ghost seams remain visible, so will need some additional putty and/or surfacer to eliminate. Once that's done, it'll be ready for paint, along with the hull/chassis, which is so close to being finally finished.

cBgn2P.jpg

Hace 5 horas, LSP_K2 dijo:

Mis MG de latón Aber para este bebé, de Polonia. aproximadamente dos semanas para la entrega, pero vale la pena la espera.

PdPX3M.jpg

Excelente producto!! 

¿En qué sitio web hizo su pedido? 

Edited by josebagasteiz

On 7/15/2022 at 1:23 AM, josebagasteiz said:

Excelente producto!! 

¿En qué sitio web hizo su pedido? 

Ebay. Here's the link. They are the correct two different lengths too, and gorgeous. When I tackle the Panzer IA, I'll be ordering some more, as well as some other desired items; coil springs, breather tubes, tool clamps, etc.

Big shout of thanks to Rick Griewski for putting me onto these substitute metal track pins. Bought four packages today (including extras for my Panzer IA), and they were delivered today.

sn7vFe.jpg

The pins are a tad to long, but I'm assured that trimming them to a better length, will be a snap.

rgUc4h.jpg

Oh boy, new paints. Much to my surprise, the "Panzer Grey", is actually marked as Swedish army, but still appears to be an OK match for the look I'm after. The MRP grey specifically for German AFVs, is almost black, so I avoided that, at least for now.

Slrv2n.jpg