Takom 1:16 Panzer IB

LSP_K2

Oh boy, ejector pin marks! This is unfortunately too typical of this model, very Trumpeter like. Oh well, I'll just have to do what I have to do. The raised rectangular portions (and their corresponding tabs), are really quite inaccurate, but I intend to leave them as they are. (Hopefully the judges won't look too closely at this area.)

hle6LP.jpg

I've also made the decision to proceed full steam with just this, setting my 1:350 Hornet aside for a while, hopefully allowing me to finish this model, and its base, by September. I just don't feel that I have the time left to do both satisfactorily.

On 5/6/2022 at 4:20 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Oh boy, ejector pin marks! This is unfortunately too typical of this model, very Trumpeter like. Oh well, I'll just have to do what I have to do. The raised rectangular portions (and their corresponding tabs), are really quite inaccurate, but I intend to leave them as they are. (Hopefully the judges won't look too closely at this area.)

hle6LP.jpg

Oh man....and those are in some baaaaaaaaaaaaad places too. And yes......you're right. Trumpy pulls the EXACT same stuff. lol

Edited by mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Many of these pin marks can be

filled cleanly by using Waldron tool punched disks.  

Some certainly can, or at least basically "fill the void", but there's always still a bit more filling required, as the discs are never going to fit perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I hadn't touched this kit in quite some time, I decided to jump back on it. First up, ejector pin filling. This will consume most of the time spent on this model.

PHXBU7.jpg

DMFBck.jpg