WNW Ninak 1/32 dh.9a

Smithers66

FROM THE MANUFACTURER: The AMC DH.9a (Aircraft Manufacturing Company de Havilland design 9a) bomber arrived late in the Great War and was borne out of the necessity to find a replacement for the underperforming DH.9. Intended as a replacement for the 275-350hp Rolls Royce Eagle powered DH.4, with the pilot and gunner repositioned closer together for improved communications, the DH.9 was in fact a great leap backwards due in no small part to the inferior performance and unreliability of its 230hp Puma engine.

This was my Covid build, first LSP, first WNW kit, first time airbrushing-anything! First time with stretchable rigging- what a dream product! The fit was super tight on this kit, I had to do a lot of scraping/sanding to get items to fit post painting (the interior). Propellor blade blade hand painted- very proud of that outcome.

I have figures and dream of field diorama, but alas my 1/32 Phantom is calling me...

Picture gallery here: WNW NINAK BUILD

Welcome to the site!   That is a grand entrance for sure and a VERY well done Ninak.

If you post the .jpg file link here you can also get the pictures to show directly in your post.  I hope you don't mind me posting:

Ec6yIvj.jpeg

GlN6AIR.jpeg

RYXzOF8.jpeg

Wt9EhF7.jpeg

Well done and welcome to the forums! 

• 2 months later...