Aires sets for the Doyusha Willow kits!

thierry laurent

54 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

Gent's, Ladies,

Check out the new pictures of the Aires sets for the Willow On line. Aires.cz 

Nice stuff.  

Regards,

Troy

Got a link, Troy? I'm not finding anything on their website.

Kev

Yes this is great to hear of as I have 5 float plane and 1 land base kits and always loved about the raised canvas and stitching on the plastic parts, as I have bought Eduard stitching sets to replace of side detailed on. I have one land base kit to practice on and as the kits did come with wires but will replace with EZline and add connectors insted of burning into plastic as indicated in instructions and of course for and island diorama project now with some after market resin parts i soon will turn the music and get my craftmanship hat on and produce. Is there any pass builds on this build that someone can suggest to read on? And are there any other aftermarket set that was not mention on this kit? I love this model engineering build suite for which it allows me to shut the front door and turn the music on  and escape the insanity beyond that side of the door.

Thanks for allowing to become a new member most recently I finally found home! Brock Beckstedt of Virginia Beach, Virginia 

P.S. anybody close to me on this suite and that reads this I say.....hello!

Thanks Hans, for that everything scratch built is left to do but do you know of any information on back seat gun rings with period Vicks antiaircraft machine gun support many biplanes had them so any place on LSP that might line drawings or pictures of these second seat co-pilot rear gunner would be much appreciate any directions or areas to look at? best wishes,

Brock Beckstedt

Brock, the two books I have -and I think the only books ever published on the Willow don't show a scarf ring for the rear cockpit, only a blind flying hood. The best book on the type in my opinion is the Arawasi eagle eye series no. 2, with scale drawings of the aircraft and details and drawings and photos of the cockpit as well as many period photos and a walkaround  of the only extant airframe in Indonesia. The text is all English.  The other is the no. 44 in the "famous airplanes of the world series" by Burindo Co. Limited, also from Japan. This is I think a more of a general history book on the type -text is all Japanese- with many, sometimes fuzzy period photos, some drawings and a few color profiles. Both books can be ordered from Arawasi in Japan (google Arawasitoppage), the Arawasi book at $ 25 an the FAOW book at $ 12. Friendly people and excellent service. Alternatively, the Aviation Megastore from Aalsmeer here in Holland has the Arawasi book in stock. 

Hans 

• 2 months later...