Spitfire Mk IX [Tamyia 1/32]

discus

Hello

When it was released some years ago, the Tamyia Spitfire was my first LSP. After sometime I started to question some of the choices I made, especially leaving the engine visible.

As I was not happy, I decided to redo the built, unfortunatly for some reasons (probably my lack of skills at that time) I couldn't fit the engine cowls..

So guess what, I started other with another one (meanwhile, an other idea took shape in my mind.... i'll see in another thread..

Not much to say about this one, everything was already said about this magnificent kit. I used the Renaissance decals dedicated to the Free French Spitfire to depict the aircraft used by Cdt René Mouchotte. It is probably aboard this particular aircraft that he disappeared.

img_2823.jpg

img_2825.jpg

img_2824.jpg

img_2827.jpg

img_2826.jpg

Edited by discus

Hi Jim,

I too have the Hasegawa Mk VB. I was impressed with its overall airframe accuracy and I bought a slew of AM for wanting to improve on it as much as I can. Will you be doing a build in progress for lesser skilled LSPrs like myself? I certainly hope so. Best regards and happy landings on your Mk V!

WM,

San Diego, CA

Wurgermiestsr, I’m going to add some resin wheels and props. I’ve sanded all the raised panel lines and re-scribed new ones and added rivets and a pair of resin 20 mm cannons to the airframe. When it’s finished I’ll add the pictures to the Ready for Inspection forum. I like working the older kits (Hasegawa and Revel), removing the raised lines ,add a resin cockpit etc. to “spruce” them up to a more modern model.  It’s my therapy in the winter since I cannot play golf. 
Regards,

Jim