Got an organized bench/work area? Post pics!

ScottsGT

I have a brand new space in the new house to dress out as my shop..complete blank canvas! Was hoping for some inspiration, but holy smoke you guys are as messy as I am!

Funnily; My German heritage hates a mess; and screams for organization..I believe the word is “Ordnung”

n2EmFiz.jpg

always starts out tidy…

cheers

P

Edited by Pete Fleischmann
German vernacular

3 hours ago, Uncarina said:

I too am in the process of reorganizing the hobby room and am especially interested in the idea of a portable spray booth. Does anyone produce these? In the meantime, based on the suggestion of a friend and fellow LSP modeler, I ordered two wall-mounted paint storage racks designed for nail polish, $22 each: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CFZQYPQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers,  Tom

I'm using paint racks by Ammo which are made by Hobbyzone. They hold 40-50 bottles depending on the brands and more importantly, I can get them at my LHS.

Carl

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Very similar to what I have in mind for inside corner of the "L". I referred to mine above as disabled, as I'll be removing the casters from mine. It'll sit right between two upright leg corners of the "L", at a 45°, making it easily accessible from either inside leg of the benches.

9 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Very similar to what I have in mind for inside corner of the "L". I referred to mine above as disabled, as I'll be removing the casters from mine. It'll sit right between two upright leg corners of the "L", at a 45°, making it easily accessible from either inside leg of the benches.

That's a great idea! I've had the same upright drawer chest in my work room past down from my dad that my brother even used. While it has sentimental value, its chock full of junk, and I have no room for anything any more. That might be a great solution. 

• 7 months later...

Mine is very modest size-wise compared to most but I still have room enough to use the drill press, milling machine, vacuforming machine, casting pot and vacuum and airbrushing. And of course there are tunes, you can't build models without tunes! I still have enough room to do all of my scratch building. 

Bench.jpg

On 1/13/2022 at 12:45 PM, BloorwestSiR said:

Me thinks I'd feel right at home at that bench. :lol:

Carl

And any modeler who says that that does not apply to them is a bald faced liar! :lol:

On 1/13/2022 at 12:26 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

I have a brand new space in the new house to dress out as my shop..complete blank canvas! Was hoping for some inspiration, but holy smoke you guys are as messy as I am!

Funnily; My German heritage hates a mess; and screams for organization..I believe the word is “Ordnung”

n2EmFiz.jpg

always starts out tidy…

cheers

P

Ja, alles im Ordnung!

On 1/13/2022 at 11:26 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

n2EmFiz.jpg

always starts out tidy…

cheers

P

…and after starting with a complete blank canvas, I’m still trying to get to a state of ordnung-

i5kEEJU.jpg

zUP9GBC.jpg
TEFWn0x.jpg

8SFdU6M.jpg

QTQdX8N.jpg

this space is for me and the dogs..lowest level of the house with a door to the outside- good for all of us-

cheers

P