Airfix announcement - 1/24 Spitfire

treker_ed

12 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’ve had an indulgent thought. I think I’ll have 2. One to build in flight, as I prefer these days. And, one to build with all the panels off, there’s so much lovely detail to display, I couldn’t decide between the two configurations. 

Pete I say go for it. I’m already in for 3, 1 Day Fighter Temperate Scheme, 1 Desert Scheme and then a big Pink FR.IX later on down the road. I am very much in trouble when/if the other Marks are released. 

2 hours ago, Captain Boogaloo said:

How come guys in the USA have theirs (what with shipping,customs etc) but Hannants ( I believe the U.K.s biggest model shop?) STILL don't have the Spit in stock? Seems odd.

Not that I'm jealous. Much!

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

I’ve been wondering that too!

Fortunately I’d hedged my bets and pre-ordered with Jadlam too, who HAVE had stock.

4 hours ago, Captain Boogaloo said:

How come guys in the USA have theirs (what with shipping,customs etc) but Hannants ( I believe the U.K.s biggest model shop?) STILL don't have the Spit in stock? Seems odd.

Not that I'm jealous. Much!

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

Try living and waiting for these in Western Australia.  My birthday is in March, and there might be stocks here by them :(.

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, geedubelyer said:

Have you got yours Shoggz?

Yep - arrived yesterday. :) 

Still waiting for the Hannants one (obviously) and the one I ordered direct from Airfix for the poster though. For the Airfix one, dpd seem to be stuck in groundhog day - every morning I get an e-mail saying it is due today, then by evening it hasn't appeared and is being 'awaited from the supplier'. Next morning, I go through the same cycle. Very strange.

Have alerted Airfix customer services, so hopefully they can sort for me. (dpd don't seem to have any way of contacting them directly. :( )

Still, at least I have one to fondle!

I want to do an early and a late in British markings and an 'exotic' one - either the French or American version - haven't decided yet!

1 hour ago, Captain Boogaloo said:

Wizard prang! Hannants just emailed ! The Spits are in! 24 hr delivery selected....and Fire!

It's on the waaaaay!

I assume they didn't get enough to cover all back orders - mine is still in back order and showing out of stock. I'm guessing they went by date order for when the back order was placed. Never mind, it keeps my money in my bank account for a bit longer and therefore grows massively on the back of the interest they pay. Oh, hang on, that bit is a different reality, so no kit and no big interest payout. :( 

On 12/1/2022 at 12:33 AM, Captain Boogaloo said:

Wizard prang! Hannants just emailed ! The Spits are in! 24 hr delivery selected....and Fire!

It's on the waaaaay!

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

Lucky you.  I've got one on order from them as I couldn't wait for them to be shipped here, but I didn't place that order until last month, so I'm not expecting mine this side of Christmas.  This Christmas, that is..  :D

Cheers,

Michael