Infinity Models schedule of new releases in 2022-2023, Me-410 and Kate incl.

Jan_G

On 4/3/2022 at 3:34 PM, frank83 said:

A-20 Havoc, Savoia Marchetti SM.79, Dornier Do-17, Saab Draken and Saab Gripen. All in 1/32. And a 1/48 B-26 Marauder.

All from one company which is making short run plastic kits. These would take at least 10 years to arrive, if they ever do!

This reminds me Tan Model's future list.

My thoughts exactly... Still waiting to see that Su-33 :rolleyes:

HpH however did show the SM.79 in its early stages already a couple of years ago so that might be quite far along. That one could be really cool..

43 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

With a (related?) A-20 Havoc by HPH and Saab Draken (JETMADS) both on the cards, I find those two by Infinity a bit strange. I'd always go for resin over plastic so my choice would be HPH and JETMADS for those two.

The A-20G was taken on by HGW, and now it's with Infinity, so there will only be one kit released.

I’ll be honest, unless Infinity makes a step improvement in kit quality with their newer releases, I’ll be getting a Jetmads Draken.  The Helldiver base kit was pretty expensive for what you got in the box, and paying extra for all of the extras just drove the price up even more.

6 hours ago, Zola25 said:

HpH however did show the SM.79 in its early stages already a couple of years ago so that might be quite far along. That one could be really cool..

Oh yes, I remember that. That is the only kit of the said list to have some concrete evidence that this may kit become a reality, I hope it comes one day.

The Sparviero is a big plane compared to the Helldiver, almost 1.5 times larger both in width and lenght. Making the coverage area 2.25 times as much of the Helldiver, plus the increase in height as well. That means a very much bigger tooling than the Helldiver, maybe three times bigger in volume... which means more metal to deal with and that does not come cheap. 

They either sell it very expensively or proceed again with the resin version, which they do not offer cheap either. I think we're looking at a $400-500 kit here, whichever production method it comes with.

Yeah a little confused at all the kits that have been shown in progress by HPH then now Infinity. I feel like the A-20 was shown in progress like maybe five years ago approx? First was HPH, then HGW now Infinity? Haven't we also seen or heard of a BV-138 and a Beaufighter in the works as well with masters well underway (maybe just a fuselage for the Beau?)

Surprised at so many irons in the fire so to speak. As Dave says above though I hope their next plastic kits improve on the Helldiver - while I have not built it myself every review or in progress I have seen has mention it is rough....

Edited by petrov27

HpH have shown progress (and actual parts) on a number of 1/32 models going back to 2016-17; The SM. 79, the A-20 and the crazy enormously big Me 323 Gigant - Just do a quick Google search and you will find plenty of pictures..

But honestly, with their price point I have never personally been willing to get onboard. I have however been really really tempted to get their Pby Catalina and I might still get that at some point. I proved myself wrong that I would not spend that kind of money on a model kit, by getting the Border Model Lancaster.. so you never know :rolleyes:

I was aequally apprehensive about full resin kits but building the JetMads Viggen cured me of that. It is really a very nice materiel to work on  - If the SR-71 actually happens I will get it for sure

/Niels 

20 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

With a (related?) A-20 Havoc by HPH and Saab Draken (JETMADS) both on the cards, I find those two by Infinity a bit strange. I'd always go for resin over plastic so my choice would be HPH and JETMADS for those two.

Other way around for me: injection moulded plastic every time, though I like resin enhancements and conversion sets. The only all-resin models I've made are Videoaviation, PWMP and Verlinden ground support vehicles, and they've not put me in the mind to make whole resin aircraft — but never say never, as the old saying goes.

There's a high probability that the Jetmads Draken will be more refined than Infinity's plastic version, even if it does feel like supergluing icecream wafers together. I desire 2-3 Drakens, and doing two-three Jetmads is out of the question, price-wise. It'll be nice to see what resin accessory sets Infinity come up with too. One might even assist t'other.

Tony 

• 2 months later...