Mail order paint in winter?

trgt

My experience is with Gunze Aqueous hobby color and Tamiya acrylic. Having moved all my hobby stuff into an unheated shed (for-mentioned paints included) and forgotten about over one of the most brutal winters I've seen (-50 and more Celsius) the paints still worked the following year with no obvious ill effects...that is just my experience and not something I'd recommend...Well, the divorce was worth it but, the poor paint didn't deserve such treatment 

Well, since the supply chain is FUBAR I figured I'd better get it while the getting is good, I've been coming across the words "out of stock" a lot lately.  I've seen oil paint freeze and make a mess, just had to wonder about an essentially water based paint coming through unscathed. Unless there's alcohol in it. You all give me hope.

I’ve never had a problem with acrylics and cold weather - even in Alaska, so I can’t relate to your question.  Is Maine still served by the pony express or maybe dog sled?  UPS and USPS trucks seems pretty weather brickle to me.

Last January, I did a pre-order and curb side pick up of several Mission Models paints and a gloss varnish on my way into work. Not thinking about it, I left them in the car all day at about -10C. The paints were fine, but the varnish was crystalized sludge.