Poll on Trumpeter and Hasegawa A-4E/F Landing Gear Sets

D.B. Andrus

Trumpeter A-4E/F - Hasegawa A-4E/F - Both?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which A-4E/F do you prefer? Trumpeter or Hasegawa or Both?

• Trumpeter A-4E/F?
    • Hasegawa A-4E/F?
    • Both?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 weeks later...

I kept a Hasegawa NLG ensemble for my Trumpeter A-4F kit. The Trumpeter NLG with the integrally moulded wheel is ghastly in 1/32nd, so I think it's more a case of making the gear à la Hasegawa but to fit either kit.

About time Hasegawa re-popped the TA-4J. That would rekindle interest.

Tony 

Hi Tony

We're getting ready to issue Trumpeter and Hasegawa sets with a modified Hasegawa nose and main gear to correct the stance of both kits. Finishing up the last of the molds this week.  I'll post photos of pre-production samples this week, as well.

Cheers,

Damian

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Michael931080 said:

Hi Damian,

Any news on which A-4 sets you are going to do??

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael

I'm going to issue the Trumpeter and Hasegawa E/F at the same time. The A-4M will come much later...to be honest I've had it up to here with the A-4. Two steps forward to one back, finally finished with the patterns, doing the last molds now(100! molds for the 12 parts of the two kits) - now for something less complicated like the P-40 or SB2C. Still wrestling with the B-25, making progress, though.  The Tam F-16 proceeding, as well as the P-61, with the B-17 1/32 & 1/48 in progress.  The Has Bf 109F-4 to F-2 conversion is in the molding process. Some older items are undergoing modification(adding detail) such as the Fw 190 and Ta 152 legs. As time permits all of the older items will make it back to availability. Did I mention I'm sick of the A-4? :P

Cheers,

Damian

14 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Hi Michael

I'm going to issue the Trumpeter and Hasegawa E/F at the same time. The A-4M will come much later...to be honest I've had it up to here with the A-4. Two steps forward to one back, finally finished with the patterns, doing the last molds now(100! molds for the 12 parts of the two kits) - now for something less complicated like the P-40 or SB2C. Still wrestling with the B-25, making progress, though.  The Tam F-16 proceeding, as well as the P-61, with the B-17 1/32 & 1/48 in progress.  The Has Bf 109F-4 to F-2 conversion is in the molding process. Some older items are undergoing modification(adding detail) such as the Fw 190 and Ta 152 legs. As time permits all of the older items will make it back to availability. Did I mention I'm sick of the A-4? :P

Cheers,

Damian

Awwww Damian, we REALLY appreciate all the hard work you have put into the A-4...thank you!

OH, FYI, on the news last night Air NZ has recommissioned a 777 and set it up for freight Ops to the US!  Starting this Friday.  So hopefully us mere mortals down at the bottom of the planet might get some freight options open up to us!

Cheers Anthony

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Awwww Damian, we REALLY appreciate all the hard work you have put into the A-4...thank you!

OH, FYI, on the news last night Air NZ has recommissioned a 777 and set it up for freight Ops to the US!  Starting this Friday.  So hopefully us mere mortals down at the bottom of the planet might get some freight options open up to us!

Cheers Anthony

Thanks, Anthony! Appreciate it.  Not as nearly as much work as you've put in on the British Phantom, though. ;)

I sure hope something changes re. shipping to the Antipodes, don't want to leave the modelers down under under-served!

Cheers,

Damian

On 2/8/2022 at 4:52 PM, D.B. Andrus said:

Hi Michael

I'm going to issue the Trumpeter and Hasegawa E/F at the same time. The A-4M will come much later...

Cheers,

Damian

Damian,

When you say A-4M will come later, are you meaning you plan to do the A-4M Super Mike gear legs? If so, would that include enlarged main gear doors and front wheel sponson?

46 minutes ago, Talon said:

Damian,

When you say A-4M will come later, are you meaning you plan to do the A-4M Super Mike gear legs? If so, would that include enlarged main gear doors and front wheel sponson?

Hi Talon

The A-4M set will be for the Hasegawa/Trumpeter A-4M. Whatever comes with the kits in regard to main gear doors and sponson won't be included in my set. However, I haven't explored the M as much as I would when working it up. If it requires major mods to other than gear parts I'll probably pass.

Cheers,

Damian

A-4M gear was the same as the A-4E except for the Super Mike variant which had beefed up main gear legs with scissor links, and larger, bulged main gear doors and landing gear sponsons/fairings in front of the gear bay. That was why I was asking. If you aren't doing a Super Mike, the A-4E gear legs will work for an A-4M as well.

This is the sprue from the one-off boxing of the Super Mike that Hasegawa did showing the Super Mike specific parts

has_a-4m_parts10.jpg

Edited by Talon