Trmpeter SU 27 UB finished

This model has been collecting dust for over 16 years. I lost the compressor faces and landing gear during a move so I decided to build it wheels up, then found out I'd lost cockpit components (seats) as well. I bought seated resin pilot figures to add to the model, still didn't find the ambition to build it.

During some farting around...I mean test fitting, I found the Aires resin cans I had bought when the kit was new were never going to fit the model being about 2mm smaller in diameter than the kit pieces. Another reason to keep in the S.O.D. then I bought Reskit exhausts, and Foxbot stencils, a submission to Scale Aviation Modeller International "Jurassic Plastic" many years ago also earned me a set of 1/32 Russian numbers/ markings for Russian aircraft and then, this group build coming up, maybe I can work up some love for the big Sukhoi. In the hopes I could get going on it, I also (just tonight) ordered the Zacto intakes and weapons pylons.

iJzk3Ge.jpg

HCT6Xdm.jpg

Don't expect a miracle here...but thanks for looking

Thanks

Sooooo, I think I've found all the pieces (all the big pieces) I'll need to put this SOD kit together. Some pieces may need to be scratched, and I'm still awaiting some  upgrade parts from Zacto.

I found some parts in another SOD box of a kit Trumpeter 1/32 Ju-87 (maybe do that next) 

some comparisons; the Reskit parts left, (amazing stuff) Aires (undersize) center and, kit parts right;

heWqqmk.jpg?1

Reskit stuff is really nice!

LaHmoyI.jpg

some parts;

512jcAd.jpg

and some more parts;

An idea of how long this kit has been on the shelf- That's an automotive OBD 1 scan tool connector

SsFfEnI.jpg

Intakes (to be replaced with Zacto stuff)

7bmBnz3.jpg

Thanks for looking

slow progress but slow is still better than no right.

I apparently lost the seat mounting hardware (if it was included in the kit) so cobbled up some (nowhere near true to accurate) rails from evergreen stock that the seats would slide down into the office on (like the seats in an Aires set) painted them up and slid in the crew on their seats, work continues

JiLiEi3.jpg

bRBe1rE.jpg

BHHkHD7.jpg

pYwr9RE.jpg

Thanks for looking