Trmpeter SU 27 UB finished

I've added the last few bits and pieces to the Su tonight, still a couple of pieces missing (antennas) and I'll need to get hold of some stencil decals. While I do strive for mediocrity the Trumpeter stencil decals are merely red lines on a yellow back ground...even I couldn't get passed them. So, hopefully stencil markings will some day become available (maybe some red star kill markings??) and I'll re-visit the decalling at that time. For now...tah dahhhhhh.... I think it's finished.

Wu48Mv3.jpg

2ZPBMqy.jpg

qXcgD3u.jpg

ztgCRei.jpg

This one will be suspended from the ceiling doing an airshow maneuver

and his older brother

dxDWGfw.jpg

Thats all for now

Thanks for the opportunity to build and post here, I doubt I'd have ever finished it if not for the SOD group build

Thanks for looking

• chrish changed the title to Trmpeter SU 27 UB finished
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks amazing. 

Can believe you used super glue remover to lift the mask! Mine burns thought paint so easily. 

I built a 1/48 su-34 not long ago i found using water in a spay bottle really helps to lift masking 

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Looks amazing. 

Can believe you used super glue remover to lift the mask! Mine burns thought paint so easily. 

I built a 1/48 su-34 not long ago i found using water in a spay bottle really helps to lift masking 

Hi, I didn’t re-read through to see what I wrote but, if I wrote that I used super glue remover that was wrong and I’m terribly sorry. I use super glue accelerator to remove the tape residue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...