Trmpeter SU 27 UB finished

A strange time to be building a Ukrainian themed Russian built aircraft but...I'm back on task. Having started a 1/6 resin female (scantily clad of course) whilst awaiting Zacto resin parts and then a Revell 1/32 Me 262 while waiting for the oils to dry on the figure I was a bit off topic (probably why this model ended up on the shelf of doom the first 2-3 times) Anyway, the 262 is done and off the bench an on the shelf. The figure is standing near the back of the bench awaiting her head and arms and the resin Zacto parts (shown here) are destined for the Su-27. I initially thought they were fairly pricy but the quality of the parts is amazing.

IpaN4vA.jpg?1

X0fYYSC.jpg?1

Thanks for looking

I can’t praise the zacto’ stuff more highly that I have in the past. I have the full monty thrown at mine. 
I would say, have patience and make small adjustments when you dry fit the intakes and their parts. It’s all too easy to keep sanding a little here. Trimming a little there, and end up with gaps to fill.

Edited by Stokey Pete

True fact stated above.

I trimmed here and sanded there I still had to add a bit of filler but not as bad as it could've been (being the mediocre modeller I am) 

Some images of the work so far;

The resin bits cleaning up

7eiks0O.jpg

building and painting the intakes;

M33iUQh.jpg?1

they even have probes in the ducting

EnYbPNT.jpg

fitting out required the removal of some surplus plastic.

atcYiQd.jpg?1

and glued in place;

Ab5sdz8.jpg?1

bX0p6ph.jpg

ehAP5Fp.jpg

and that's it for now

Thanks for looking

Thanks for the encouragement! This build has stalled more often than an old car but seems to be on a bit of a roll (for now) I've managed to fix a few errant seams and splash some paint on here and there

Doesn't show real great in the pictures but there's at least 5 shades of Alclad lacquers on the cans (Reskit- great stuff) and engine sections.

ScIpS9o.jpg?1

E40C2d8.jpg?1

naozgeC.jpg?1

and just purchased today;

Vj74Q4R.jpg

Thanks for looking

Thanks for checking in on me. A difficult subject to continue with knowing what's going on in Ukraine...As well, the masks were quite difficult (for me) to make use of. I had to use super glue debonder brushed under a raised edge to get the masks to lift off without leaving adhesive behind or ripping off the paint.

I did have to re-mask a lot of areas with small squares of Tamiya tape to re-paint places...more than I would've liked. I hesitate to put any blame on the Foxbot masks thinking it may (possibly?) be a reaction between the paint and the masks or my application. 

In any case, here's where the model sits tonight.

moEnUEB.jpg?1

wSgx0Ft.jpg

bleed under and paint lift visible here;

58uEIZ9.jpg

repairs in progress;

8ojP1aD.jpg

Thanks for looking

Coming together nicely now Chris.

I too, had similar experiences with the masking set. I think it’s a combination of them having a fairly high tack, and the hard edges of each colour, makes it very easy to lift paint from under any masking. I spent hours staring at it and making tiny repairs over every bit of the surface. 

All....all I could find so far paint problems have been fixed and the Zacto pylons and engines added. Without weapons added the Zacto pylons are almost mandatory for the details they add when the business side of the pylon is exposed. 

5Z6Hwa1.jpg

itacNP5.jpg

qF237MH.jpg

Again, keep in mind, I strive for mediocrity

That's all for now

Thanks for looking

Edited by chrish

38 minutes ago, chrish said:

All....all I could find so far paint problems have been fixed and the Zacto pylons and engines added. Without weapons added the Zacto pylons are almost mandatory for the details they add when the business side of the pylon is exposed. 

5Z6Hwa1.jpg

itacNP5.jpg

qF237MH.jpg

Again, keep in mind, I strive for mediocrity

That's all for now

Thanks for looking

Thanks for looking

OVERACHIEVER!