Revell's new tool hurricane?

misha71

Yes, Hurricane IIB, new tool, due September. By all accounts it's an A-team design so promises to be rather good.

There's also a new variant Bf 109 G-2/4 coming sooner, in April. I don't need Tamiya quality or prices, although I may succumb to the Spitfire IX and XVI and Vought gull wing before I snuff it.

Tony 

One of the editors of our IPMS (Holland) magazine, Peter Booij, who is a member of this site as well, has been to the Revell press conference for the year 2022. He writes in the latest magazine issue that Revell is doing very well financially and that they are planning to produce kits from new molds in the future. Design and production of the new kits will be in Europe. The metal for the moulds will be cut in China. 

3 hours ago, Radub said:

As I explained in another thread on this subject on this forum, this is a brand-new tool commissioned by Revell for Revell. This is one of those cases where you must take my word for it. ;) Revell has been commissioning new models for the last couple of years. 

Radu

Good news indeed!

1 hour ago, mozart said:

A new tool Hurricane is long, long overdue and is guaranteed to be a winner. I just hope that Revell have got a knowledgeable aviation adviser onboard and not just designers, it’s vital that they know the subject.

Exactly this. If you're going to start popping out new kits, with new molds, tackle something sought after, and long overdue. The Hurricane was an excellent choice here. And yes, it's one thing to design a building... it's another to be a structural engineer to make sure it'll actually work.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA