Border Model 1/35 Junkers JU-87 G1/G2 Stuka

TankBuster

3 hours ago, Tony T said:

Judging by the pics in the link Bob provided it looks way too refined to have much in common with the Trumpeter Stuka. Looks all-new to me, and in 1/35 scale.

Tony

Hi Tony.

If I look at my Trumpeter Stukas, they are not less refined but I do not have the D or G.

On 1/3/2022 at 3:42 PM, thierry laurent said:

As the 109 this looks like a slightly modified underscaled copy of the Trumpeter 1/32 kit. Personally, I I'll rather rely on the quite accurate even if simplified Hasegawa 1/32 kit.

16 hours ago, Tony T said:

Judging by the pics in the link Bob provided it looks way too refined to have much in common with the Trumpeter Stuka. Looks all-new to me, and in 1/35 scale.

Tony

Easiest way to tell if its a direct copy would be to see if the 37mm underwing cannons are "handed" like the Trumpeter error ... If not ... It may very well be a new design.

Rog :)

Actually it looks it is neither (as the 109). It is not a fully new design, nor a copy. To me, this is a 'new' design but based on the same component drawings than the Trumpeter kit. So the kits are different but the initial information of the parts design is identical. This explains why problems in the Trumpy kit are also present here. I cannot see if the guns are handed or not but this simply asks for mirroring the drawings. So avoiding that specific issue is very easy while creating the runner design. To me the real evidence is a check of the rear fuselage length.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:12 PM, Nigels modelling bench said:

What would you like measured?

Hi Nigel, from doing a search and reading older post the Trumpeter 1/32 JU-87D/G is 22.5mm to long in rear fuselage, this is from rear of wing to the support strut on tail. The length of real aircraft is 11.5 mtrs  Hope with this info you can measure the kit and convert to 1/35. Great review by the the way and I am hoping length is correct so I can purchase kit as it looks very nice. Cheers Bob.

Hi, after looking at the sprue's and instructions it looks to me that the fuselage seems ok and going by the instructions the guns are not handed which is a good sign that they have not copied the trumpeter one. Below is photo of instructions showing guns going together and they are both made from same parts. Cheers Bob.

pn8PSr5Dj

pmaOs8MDj

Wow, instead of just shipping out a corrected decal sheet for the 109's to give you instrument panel decals, they want you to purchase the Ju-87, which gives you the decal you need for the 109?  That to me is a bit absurd.  Step up and fix the issue to all the 109 kits Border.  The fact is the 109 kit is 1/35, and no 1/32 instrument panel will fit, no matter what you try to do.  And it appears that no one is going to offer an after market update in 1/35 for the 109 instrument panel due to the fact the 1/35 scale is a one-off. 

As it is the border 109 kit has no details for the instruments, decals or otherwise and as I am not much of a Ju-87 fan, I am not planning to purchase the ju-87 to fix the 109. 

Paul