Two, actually....for 2021

johncrow

I forgot about this one...not LSP, but a finished kit nonetheless. It's a 1/72 Italeri F-111A, made up to sort of represent an F-111D. I made it for a good friend of mine as sort of a retirement gift. He was in the USAF in the mid 70's, stationed at Cannon AFB, New Mexico. The scale is too small for my tastes (the smaller the scale, the bigger the messes I make), but this wasn't about what I liked. The decals came from the kit, another modeler from over on ARC, and my printer. It's up to my usual 'looks OK from the other side of the room' standards, but my buddy was thrilled, so it's a big win. 

Thanks for checking it out. 

JohnJlThEW.jpg

Edited by johncrow
double tap

16 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

I went to Cannon TDY when they still had F-111's. Very loud on departure and seemed 

to stay on afterburner forever! That's very cool and I bet your buddy was just thrilled

to receive it.

Cheers...Ron

Thanks Ron

I only got to see 111s a few times, but to this day I remember just how obnoxiously loud they were. I was surrounded by F-15s, so that's saying something. So much so that if we got a heads-up that they were leaving, we all would fall out just to watch. 

Regards

John

On 1/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, MARU5137 said:

John, 

Very Beautiful. 

Your model  is AWESOME!

love the personalised  Base with his name .

:wub:

What a lovely retirement  gift.

:goodjob:    :wow:   :bow:

Thank you Maru!  I appreciate your stopping by!

jp