Mosquito References

I'm sitting on a Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito and was wondering what good Mosquito references were out there either in print or online for areas like the cockpit, landing gear bays, gun bay, etc.?  Are there any ones I should avoid because they are upgraded to modern standards and not original equipment?  Is "The De Havilland Mosquito" by Richard Franks worth the investment?

1 hour ago, PlamoSnep said:

I'm sitting on a Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito and was wondering what good Mosquito references were out there either in print or online for areas like the cockpit, landing gear bays, gun bay, etc.?  Are there any ones I should avoid because they are upgraded to modern standards and not original equipment?  Is "The De Havilland Mosquito" by Richard Franks worth the investment?

Hi, PM me your home address, and the book mentioned by Philippe will be on its way to you.

I used to have the Tamiya Mosquito, bought the book, but sold the kit eventually, so actually i think you could make better use of it.

And welcome to this "crazy" bunch......

cheers,

Jack

Edited by Jack

8 minutes ago, Jack said:

Hi, PM me your home address, and the book mentioned by Philippe will be on its way to you.

I used to have the Tamiya Mosquito, bought the book, but sold the kit eventually, so actually i think you could make better use of it.

And welcome to this "crazy" bunch......

cheers,

Jack

PM sent!

6 minutes ago, John1 said:

The Valiant book on the FB series is an awesome reference.    I used it extensively when I did my Mossie build last year.   

Unfortunately it looks like it's hard to come by and it's somewhat expensive on eBay.

5 hours ago, PlamoSnep said:

Ordered.  Thank you so much!

It really is a good publication.... I have both, and well worth the money... glad to hear you managed to get one that was reasonably priced... hope you enjoy it...

Jeff

12 hours ago, Jeff said:

https://www.valiant-wings.co.uk/imp-airframe--miniature-no10-5466-p.asp

They have a few not perfect, but still some in stock, they say... give this a go...

Got this one for my Christmas.  Only issue that I could find was a slightly crumpled corner on the top spine of the book.  Otherwise very nice reference material indeed.