Aeropoxy resin kits Short guide and chronology 1993-2022 and counting...

AEROPOXY

53 minutes ago, mozart said:

But no 1/32 stuff since 2013, best part of 10 years?

Well, IK-3 is still available, and few projects i  produce (YAK-3) , develop or consider, were kitted in meantime, in plastic or resin.

Investment  in RTV and resin, not mentioning research and master parts producing are now significant and i chose not to gamble with big numbers.
But still have some 1/32 projects  researching , maybe Ikarus IK-2 will be the one, to pair with IK-3.

RGDS and all the best in 2022.

• 2 weeks later...

Still a nice collection of kits. Your Yak-3 still compares well to the styrene kit. Not bad for a cottage manufacturer compared to a much larger company backed by another modelling company :punk:

Do you remember what kind of ochre/sand color you have used for your IK-2 and IK-3 builds? I have some interwar czech aircraft in the stash still looking for an ochre/sand paint that meets the czech color. A hint about the green and brown and the underside grey would be welcome too. Don't know if there was a connection in real life, but the yugoslav camouflage looks a lot like what was the common paint job of interwar czech AF.

Regards

- dutik

Thanx Dutik for the comments,

Regarding IK-3 / IK-2 colours, despite looks close to Czech range of three colour schemes , they are different, in fact, even IK-2 colours differ from IK-3 colours.

Ikarus factory ( IK-2) use british paints in their manufacture process while Rogožarski (IK-3) use  localy produced  paints from Reichhold Flugger & Boecking Belgrade factory.
I build Avia B-35 Legato kit long time ago and remember that i used different shades , not the ones i use for IK-3.

For this AVIA B-35.1 build i find FS595a paint numbers in great MBI book Avia B-35 B-135 by Bily/Bernad/Kučera  ISBN 80-86524-03-5 

Ochre  FS 16160

Green  FS 34097

Brown FS 30040

Gray   FS 16376

I do not remember exactly what colours i used in this build, but they was from Humbrol, Revell and Model Master range, i commonly use.

Hope with these FS you will find adequate model paints for your builds.

RGDS

Nenad

EDIT.
Just find this topic on Czech forum, great source for Czech paints, 

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=97554&p=1791052&hilit=avia+b35+barvy#p1791052

Edited by AEROPOXY