1/35 ch-47 chinook’s (yes two) :)

matt_1185

It’s big girl time! 

got this kit for Christmas and I’m in love! Haha now I need to order some more live resin figures and some up grade parts for it.  So keep an eye out lol bgWoOXs.jpg

this girl is big! 

AvlgxRn.jpgef8dEHq.jpgiTHzDLQ.jpg

Edited by matt_1185
Adding a second kit so I don’t take up room in the forum

I’ve had one on the go for quite some time now, much to the amusement of a number of people. It’s on BM and ARRSE but the BM build addresses the big problem with the airframe where you can see what I had to do to retrospectively address the issue. The big tip is when you put the two halves of the airframe together the underside doesn’t join properly and you end up with a V rather that a flat surface. The engines are set too far back, but you can live with that.  I remounted mine.  Watch the rotors also - carbon fibre for a number of years. I guess the big tip is plan it thoroughly and any work you plan to do on the airframe, do it in advance of joining the two halves. That will save you a lot of grief.

At some stage I will do. MERT…. One day!

enjoy your build.

ignore the carbon fibre comment - it’s applies from about 1998!

Edited by simmerit

15 hours ago, matt_1185 said:

Dry fitting the larger parts there is a few decent gaps in areas and as Simmerit says the belly does not go together flat but should be able to work all that out. 

jEcTXwk.jpg

1n22Daf.jpg8b8U1qC.jpg

When I do my next one, I will cut out the underneath of the airframe from both halves and glue it in after joining the two halves together, effectively giving you and airframe constructed if three major parts - 2 x sides and 1 x bottom.

I spent ages looking for Wokka builds before I strayed mine and of the ones I found, none mentioned the issue with the airframe.  I suspect people did the build and just lived with the underneath as you can’t see it.

It’s impossible to get the join flat if you assemble it in two halves because of the floor. One other possibility would be to pad out the floor before assembly. That may be worth looking at.  I wouldn’t assemble until I was 100% certain I could make the join without getting the V shape. If you don’t crack it, it will end up on the shelf of doom as the kit is bin material.

HTH

Edited by simmerit

7 hours ago, simmerit said:

When I do my next one, I will cut out the underneath of the airframe from both halves and glue it in after joining the two halves together, effectively giving you and airframe constructed if three major parts - 2 x sides and 1 x bottom.

I spent ages looking for Wokka builds before I strayed mine and of the ones I found, none mentioned the issue with the airframe.  I suspect people did the build and just lived with the underneath as you can’t see it.

It’s impossible to get the join flat if you assemble it in two halves because of the floor. One other possibility would be to pad out the floor before assembly. That may be worth looking at.  I wouldn’t assemble until I was 100% certain I could make the join without getting the V shape. If you don’t crack it, it will end up on the shelf of doom as the kit is bin material.

HTH

noted! 

• 3 weeks later...