New ICM WW2 US plane kit?

thierry laurent

16 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

I'd build one. Always enjoy seeing the one in Chino.

Matt 

16 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

Me too. My wife was bewildered when we encountered one on a recent museum visit, and then we discovered a second which had the instruments and controls replaced with an LCD TV and an Xbox 360!

It wouldn’t be too hard to scratch build, a bit expensive if you decided to go 1-1 scale and add a 6DoF motion platform to it Flight Simulator platform

6 hours ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

It wouldn’t be too hard to scratch build, a bit expensive if you decided to go 1-1 scale and add a 6DoF motion platform to it Flight Simulator platform

A couple of times I've looked at a real one as a restoration project, it would be pretty cool to have it operational as they were.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/26/2021 at 10:37 PM, MikeC said:

As opposed to so many training types which are not represented at all.

Indeed.  In fact, imo trainers are THE most important types of all as without them, there'd be no aircrew to fly those front line types.  And they tend to be more colourful. But that's just my taste.

A Northrop T-38 would sell by the container load in multiple editions (as would the basic F/RF-5 Freedom Fighter).  

Fighter props that were around for 5-10 years seem to rule as kit subjects over jet trainers that have been around for forty-sixty years. 

Tony 

1/32 Beech AT-10 and Curtiss AT-9.  Yeah, no chance but given the other dreams mentioned, figured I’d throw it out there.  

A 1/32 Vultee Bt-13 would be awesome. Heck, even an IM 1/48 BT-13 would be good.  I have both LSM and Planet Models resin versions in the stash…