New ICM WW2 US plane kit?

thierry laurent

Is it too much to ask for more trainers? A PT-22 or PT-26 would be fantastic, as would be a BT-13. Or even a Texan now that Kittyhawk has folded up shop.

Or perhaps some observation planes like the O-46 or O-47?

Matt

Edited by scvrobeson

On 12/27/2021 at 8:37 AM, MikeC said:

As opposed to so many training types which are not represented at all.

Indeed.  In fact, imo trainers are THE most important types of all as without them, there'd be no aircrew to fly those front line types.  And they tend to be more colourful. But that's just my taste.

I think I remember a scene in Tora Tora Tora where a flying lesson is interrupted by a swarm of Zeroes.  Does it make me want to go buy a twin seated trainer...   no.  My tastes.  I don't model cars, either.

But if I want colorful...   there are no lack of combat aircraft, tanks, and ships for that. 

6 hours ago, Gazzas said:

I think I remember a scene in Tora Tora Tora where a flying lesson is interrupted by a swarm of Zeroes.  Does it make me want to go buy a twin seated trainer...   no.  My tastes.  I don't model cars, either.

But if I want colorful...   there are no lack of combat aircraft, tanks, and ships for that. 

"De gustibus non disputandum est" (In matters of taste, there can be no disputes).

Anyway, whilst ICM are doing trainers, they're also doing late-30s/early 40s combat types like the Gladiator, so can I bring this back on topic by saying that an Avia B.534 series would be most welcome.

Just had my Hannants email, here's what they're expecting from ICM in 2022.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=103&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8060&product_type_id=all_aircraft_kits&code=&scale_id=953&keyword_search=&setPerPage=25&sort=0&search_direction=0&restore_search=&save_search_active=yes&save_search_name=&save_search=

Alas, no USAAF on this list except for the Stearman in a new boxing with the Tiger Moth.  There's also another boxing of the Tiger Moth, this time in its Operation Banquet guise.  For those unfamiliar, under the plans for Banquet, training types such as TMs and Magisters would be equipped with bombs and used against invading Germans had operation Sealion happened.