Any Good Circle Cutters for Cutting Styrene?

Hi Jeff

The Dspiea cut though plasticard no problem, this a bit of a faff to start with but once I got going it was no problem, but I think I am going to get the guide thingy

https://www.dspiae.com/en/a/PRODUCTS/PRODUCTSC/39.html

I think the bumf said that it only cut very thin stuff but the blades are well man enough for thin styrene 

Bob

1 hour ago, Bob MDC said:

Hi Jeff

The Dspiea cut though plasticard no problem, this a bit of a faff to start with but once I got going it was no problem, but I think I am going to get the guide thingy

https://www.dspiae.com/en/a/PRODUCTS/PRODUCTSC/39.html

I think the bumf said that it only cut very thin stuff but the blades are well man enough for thin styrene 

Bob

Good stuff!....thanks a lot for that Bob!

Jeff.

There is also another option....

For those of you that have a Silohuette or other cutter, do what I did and take a full 12x8 sheet of masking material, and make one sheet of Metric circles from 3mm or so up to however big you want to go and FILL the entire sheet so you have a lot of options for metric circles.

Then do the same for a full sheet of Imperial circles and voila, most any circle you need, nearly perfectly, and any time you need it read cut.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a Thinnerline circle cutter that was mentioned before. I used it heavily when I was into paper modeling.  I've used it a few times on thin styrene (.5mm or thinner) and it works great.   If you are trying to cut a generic circle out it is easy, just set the size and go.  If you are trying to cut an exact circle out of something at a particular place you need to get the center finder accessory for it, then make a few trial runs on some scrap before trying it out on the real part. I've cut out roundels from decal paper with it right on the edge of the print so you can get it to cut precisely after a bit of practice.