AIMS 1/32 Mistel S3

Pastor John

I used Mr Paint anodised aluminium - it should be a tad greener but the flash makes it look too golden and it is enough ok to the naked eye. RAF Cosford R-1 has been painted over many times - note the feet of the hydraulic wall still in the Junkers anodised lacquer. Yes I will do all the pipes but cannot until the retraction arm is made 

Edited by Pastor John

AIMS 1/32 Mistel S3C update..... hi everyone - just a little done as in lots of pain sadly. I scratch built the two 'Octopus' gear door operating hydraulics and also the tail rod. The details are as per the Mistel 1 actually and it should be a little more simplified than I have done it but I am not going to change it now as it took hours off my life haha. I got my test shot gear bay doors together - the detail and the thickness are fantastic but in reality the concept does not work both economically - as the PE sheet would be A-4 size and cost the customer a fortune at a time when the kits are not even available - and mathematically as when you curve parts with the same dimension cut-outs - those cut-outs no longer match - especially when there are three layers. So if I ever put this into production it will be just 1x 0.2 inner layer and a half etched outer layer - at least then there is a hope of getting it all on a reasonably sized sheet for the few people in the world interested lol
Thanks and best wishes, John
20220111-141647.jpg20220109-140407.jpg