Modelsvit 1/48 F-82 Twin Mustang

Dave Williams

13 minutes ago, Citadelgrad said:

Scratch one?  

Saw this at a local show:

AT9A7M.jpg

Is that an XP-82/ F-82B? If so there is a very slight chance its a copy of the 1/32nd resin XP-82/F-82B  I have designed and made by Ken Friend. They are VERY rare, and are exceptionally accurate, but from the pic I cant tell if its an F or not as the black makes indenting the model tough. 

39 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Is that an XP-82/ F-82B? If so there is a very slight chance its a copy of the 1/32nd resin XP-82/F-82B  I have designed and made by Ken Friend. They are VERY rare, and are exceptionally accurate, but from the pic I cant tell if its an F or not as the black makes indenting the model tough. 

Unfortunately, I did not find out.  The card noted it was Tamiya based.   

Just received mine, and it does look like a very impressive kit.  The surface detail is so fine that a coat of primer followed by paint is likely to render it invisible.  The paint instructions call for overall matt black, but looking at this photo, I'd say that a satin/semigloss finish would be more appropriate.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e1/2d_FAWS_North_American_F-82F_Twin_Mustang_46-414.jpg2d_FAWS_North_American_F-82F_Twin_Mustan

As an additional observation, the stars and stripes on the fin and fuselage (and possibly the spinners) appear to be gold, whereas the kit decals are yellow.  Anyone able to confirm or deny?

Edited by jenshb

22 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

That photo looks colorized, so might not be completely accurate.

Matt 

I tend to agree.  If you look at the blocks of the wheels they also have the appearance of gold bars.

Cannae imagine ANY airforce using gold bars to keep their aiplanes from rolling off into the sunset...