V-ger

denders

A while back, Sprue Brothers had a discount on Hasegawa kits, do I perused through the 1/32 and 1/48 kits. I found this and said "why not". So, I've started it. It'll be a mostly OOB build and quite a few of the parts are molded in the correct color, so a little less painting.

oCbxEI.jpggxuCg1.jpg4IsvMN.jpg2HMQ0J.jpg

It should be interesting.

Dave

Cool! I hadn't gone looking for AM for it. I imagine the louvers and the megnetometer beam will look better in PE. Although some of the PE (or what I imagine is included) might be a bit too fiddly for my somewhat shaky hands. Getting older is 'work'. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, denders said:

Cool! I hadn't gone looking for AM for it. I imagine the louvers and the megnetometer beam will look better in PE. Although some of the PE (or what I imagine is included) might be a bit too fiddly for my somewhat shaky hands. Getting older is 'work'. :rolleyes:

If youre looking for it, I got the Eduard 48761 set.  Fiddly is about the right description - particularly challenging will be the long antennas, 2 off 5 1/8 " long triangular tubes with 5/32 sides...

You'll also have some uncomfortable questions regarding the creator.....

Sorry I cant resist these puns, it was served up just right.

Great build and look forward to seeing it finished.

Edited by Ryan

Correct, V-ger is the fictitious Voyager probe 6 (there were only 2 launched).  The probe has been found by a machine society, repaired and enhanced with a faster space ship to fullfill its designed function (which is to provide its 'creator' with all the data it has collected); i.e. us humans, but the machines do not consider carbon based units as life-forms and hence this becomes the danger for earth in the film.

51 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Correct, V-ger is the fictitious Voyager probe 6 (there were only 2 launched).  The probe has been found by a machine society, repaired and enhanced with a faster space ship to fullfill its designed function (which is to provide its 'creator' with all the data it has collected); i.e. us humans, but the machines do not consider carbon based units as life-forms and hence this becomes the danger for earth in the film.

You are my long lost brother. I couldn't have said it better for fear of getting too technical, thank you Landrotten unit. :)

I love that movie btw.

Sorry Denders, please continue.