Tamiya F-15E

Ah, that's good Pete, glad to hear that. That'll make clean up a doddle so you can concentrate on giving them a super paint job. 

The set that MARU linked to would probably be the ones that I'd buy but they're out of stock at Hannants just now. 

Hope progress on this big beastie is steady? 

Cheers.

Progress may see this one finished much sooner than the May. 
With no thanks to someone very irresponsible, I’m now struck with Covid and will be stuck at the bench for 10 days. 
There’s always an upside to what life can throw at you. 

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

Progress may see this one finished much sooner than the May. 
With no thanks to someone very irresponsible, I’m now struck with Covid and will be stuck at the bench for 10 days. 
There’s always an upside to what life can throw at you. 

Wasn’t included in the package when I sold it to you, pretty much everything else was though.

I got the nose section sewn up during the night. 
In all honesty, I’ve not bothered with too much weathering beyond a bunch of dry brushing. I painted it as clean and as tidy as I could muster either the patience I have. I’m waiting on the taped joint to dry before I see if my experiment pays off. 
For now, I’m off to paint some seats and crew. 

51734967228_ee06a026b7_b.jpg

7 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

Pete,

Your cockpit,  instrument panels are very pristinly  done and looks quite busy but NEAT.

FLAWLESS work there buddy.

:bow:

Thanks Maru. It’s always a shame to lose some of it by putting crew in and closing cockpits. But I just love the inflight builds I do these days. 
I’ve given up on gear now. 

Lovely , sharp cockpit Pete. Will you be adding the MFD decals to the displays since the instruments would be powered up during flight?

Although adding the crew has the potential to hide some of the cockpit it's also what brings an in-flight display to life . I'm eager to see the buttoned up assembly. 

Cheers.

8 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

Lovely , sharp cockpit Pete. Will you be adding the MFD decals to the displays since the instruments would be powered up during flight?

Although adding the crew has the potential to hide some of the cockpit it's also what brings an in-flight display to life . I'm eager to see the buttoned up assembly. 

Cheers.

D’ya know what, I’m my fudged state of mind, I hadn’t even thought of that/forgot there were decal displays. I’d better figure out a way to add them. 

Managed to get a bit done in the small hours while I’ve been avoiding the rest of my household. 
Thanks @geedubelyerfor the heads up on the MFD’s. I managed to trim the decals and sneak them in before I put the pilots in place. Such a simple thing to have overlooked.

51739753855_1676c72d0e_b.jpg

51739504249_3b467a6d68_b.jpg

The nose is a dry fit in prep’ for gluing. Which I’ll do once I’ve masked the glass and installed it to the already attached framworks. 

51739103848_d2afb601c1_b.jpg

I’m now a few swipes of a sanding stick away from putting it into the paint shop. 

We’re in the paint shop. I’d forgot just how much real estate there is to cover in a single colour. So I thought I’d try something new for me. I had a go at ‘colour basing’ using a mix of light grey, mid brown, olive drab, dark grey panel lines. I’m hoping for some subtle tonal variation as I build the top coat colours up. I’m using MRP-040 fs36118, and Mr Color 305 fs36118. They’ll be altered between coats to lighten or darken, so I can create a bit of variation in the shades too. 
The Mrp paint is so thin and ink like it covers quickly but with little opacity, making layer building easy, whilst not hiding the base (hopefully). 
Anyway, here’s round 1.

51744743901_b3b6a72b3c_b.jpg

1 minute ago, geedubelyer said:

Looking forward to seeing how this works out Pete. 

The beauty and mystery is that I’ve no idea myself. I’m as intrigued as you. For all I know, it could be wasted time and the basing will disappear. I sometimes struggle with the ‘when have I gone too far and covered it’.