New Martin Baker Mk. H7 Seats From Sparkit

allthumbs

Thanks for the heads-up. 

Those are lovely looking seats and I am eager to hear what you think of them at this price point.

It was interesting to see the Mk4 for the Jaguar. Do they have inside knowledge? Will we really see a 1/32nd scale Jaguar? :hmmm:

Edited by geedubelyer
Correcting a typo

I never seen such detailed seat anywhere , Sparkit will développe the early Navy version , as well the US air force version . this one above is the "latest " version for the Navy F 4 , with specific details   ....... future seats are scheduled , namely for the F 14  ...... 

Alain

• 2 weeks later...

My Sparkit Models 1/32 Phantom seats arrived today…exactly 14 days turnaround from France to the Western United States - impressive given the holiday rush and the overall strain on global shipping we’ve experienced over the past year and a half.

Even more impressive is the product itself…in a word: exquisite.

Sparkit have done for modern ejection seats what Reedoak (another Gallic firm) have done for figurines, which is to say they’ve advanced the state of the art. Vive La France!

Hyperbole you ask? Perhaps, but wait until you see the pictures, which I’ll post right here later today.

Rich

Edited by allthumbs

hexWwHE.jpg

Extremely well researched, accurate and bristling with detail; those were my first impressions of the new 3D printed Martin Baker Mk. H7 Ejection Seats (late USN/USMC version) in 1/32 scale by Sparkit Models.

From the petite raised rivet detail so characteristic of MB seats; to the realistic fabric folds of the backrest cushion; to the myriad hoses and cords, standing proud of the structure where appropriate; to the upper harness properly restrained by inertial reel tension (a feature that eludes many aftermarket seat manufacturers); this seat earns top marks. In my opinion, it’s the best H7 in 1/32 scale. And this despite some very good competition from the likes of Aires/Quickboost, Eduard and others.

Edited by allthumbs