HobbyBoss 1/32 Il-2 Sturmovik on Skiis

Suresh Nathan

7 hours ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Lovely work, and very realistic.

One question: How did you make the propellor do what it appears to be doing - rotating at very high speed?

Unless I am mistaken, that's a PE prop from someone like "Prop-Blur", but I did not think they made one suitable for a plane like this. I am curious as well.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:18 AM, Landrotten Highlander said:

One question: How did you make the propellor do what it appears to be doing - rotating at very high speed?

Thanks!

It's from propblur.com. it comes as a generic photoetch fret with 2 blades that you cut to length. A bit fragile at this scale so I used a fine brass rod to reinforce it.

21 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Good to see you posting your builds again Suresh. 

STUNNING build.

:wow:  :clap2:   :bow:

looking at your Diorama , it gives a lot of movement  especially  with your propeller....  did you glue/stick tiny feather like "fingers" sticking outwards? 

:thumbsup:

Looks SPLENDID...

:bow:

Thanks buddy! I find it easier to post an article on LSP and link the photos here.

Used propblur for the "fingers". But yeah, my last few articles have all been experimenting with complex paint schemes, forced perspective and movement. ;)

On 11/30/2021 at 8:50 AM, BiggTim said:

Unless I am mistaken, that's a PE prop from someone like "Prop-Blur", but I did not think they made one suitable for a plane like this. I am curious as well.

Yes, it's propblur, Tim. They make generic props which you cut to length. First time using it but it looks the part.

On 11/30/2021 at 2:18 AM, Landrotten Highlander said:

If you click on Suresh's link in his first post to the article, the link to Propblur is in there. They do not have specific props per plane just scale, so you can trim to get proper diameter.

7 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

If you click on Suresh's link in his first post to the article, the link to Propblur is in there. They do not have specific props per plane just scale, so you can trim to get proper diameter.

Thanks, already got the answer and lokking into it.  Got a couple of options to use this product as I feel it geves a very realistic result for low-speed propellor rotation blur

On 12/2/2021 at 1:42 PM, Borsos said:

Fantastic job! Planes in flight really have that very special thing on them. I must admit that I had purchased some Zvezda 1:100 scale tanks as I had something quite similar in mind.

Andreas

You said it right. Planes in flight are somehow right coz they're in their element.