1/32 DH.90 Dragonfly Lukgraph

artoor_k

The finish is interesting, is this some kind of pre-restoration look? From memory photos of the real machine show a well-maintained and clean machine. But it is is wonderful to see an example of this kit completed.

10 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

oooh I have been thinking of getting this one!  Now this makes me think I will and do the Blue NZ one included in the kit markings

How is there a question? I'm very keen to get the 1/48 kit to build AYR. I just worry that when I can afford it it'll be out of reach.

1 hour ago, KiwiZac said:

The finish is interesting, is this some kind of pre-restoration look? From memory photos of the real machine show a well-maintained and clean machine. 

I had the same thoughts. The real aircraft is based a stones throw from me and a very close family friend flies it regularly - in fact he took my dad up for a spin only recently. A more pristine aircraft, both inside and out, you will not find!

Thanks for all your kind comments :)

2 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

The finish is interesting, is this some kind of pre-restoration look? From memory photos of the real machine show a well-maintained and clean machine. But it is is wonderful to see an example of this kit completed.

How is there a question? I'm very keen to get the 1/48 kit to build AYR. I just worry that when I can afford it it'll be out of reach.

1 hour ago, tomprobert said:

I had the same thoughts. The real aircraft is based a stones throw from me and a very close family friend flies it regularly - in fact he took my dad up for a spin only recently. A more pristine aircraft, both inside and out, you will not find!

To be fair. I had to sand a lot from topside of model (because of my own mistake) so I had to cheat with painting, I mean to make it look more 3D. Then I had to unify overall look so, yes, It looks worn and dirty :) And yes, I'd overdone it :)