JA-37 Viggen - yes the 4th Build

Scotsman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sure I said in response to a comment along the lines of "How many of these Viggens will even get built", and my response was something along the lines of "If I get one this year , I'll have it finished by the end of the year ", well looking at the calendar here we are , the end of the year , and coincidentally the end of my Viggen Build..

DwXejzR.jpg

First , a word of thanks to all those who politely pointed out that I had ballsed up my nose cone painting , as you can see all better now, and that little faux Pas cost my £70 in masking sets Swedish Crown decals and Number decals, live learn and READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

This shows the RAM air turbine that seems to be deployed in most of the Pics I have of the Viggen on the ground 

rxSPCFJ.jpg

The boarding ladder and tow bar - got those interested most of the pics I've seen of Viggen Boarding ladders show then yellow and green - dammed Swedish colour schemes again!

GqomFSC.jpg

As for that F****** D****** Camo scheme 

IKz5yVt.jpg

If you zoom in on the seat you may see some of Eduard's finest PE, but I hear you say what about the beautiful 3d printed harness, well it turned out to my sacrifice to the carpet monster , dropped on to the floow and disappeared to who knows what dimension, so F-100 harness subtly modified.. Hubris I think that's called ...

bPHZcZ1.jpg

As I said somewhere else the decals in the kit are superb, robust opaque and they lie down and conform beautifully , the dayglo numbers especially  

cbZP12R.jpg

And yes it's a beast - Oh and Pig your  your F-16 could take it, but does the Viper have a reverse gear like this beast?

bmDkOd0.jpg

A Happy 2022 to all of you , and here's to a Draken filled new year 

Edited by Scotsman
Spell me not good

Congrats on finishing the build :D

now you've got a stunning beast to put to rest on the shelve! I have to point out that you've mixed live Sidewiders with innert Skyflashes :P interesting combo none the less ;)

I hope the lion part of the gigant Viggens will be built... each to their own but nice kits deserves to be built!

Yup I suppose I just liked the colour Green! - actually by the time I'd worked out I'd screwed up the SkyFlashs were so well glued down I really wasn't going to risk ripping them off, the 3D resin is fairly brittle , go on ask me how I know!

49 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

Yup I suppose I just liked the colour Green! - actually by the time I'd worked out I'd screwed up the SkyFlashs were so well glued down I really wasn't going to risk ripping them off, the 3D resin is fairly brittle , go on ask me how I know!

You don't say  :P

it's almost like each layer are another built in fail point....