JA-37 Viggen - yes the 4th Build

Scotsman

As I have said before the one thing NO One least of all me wants anyone to see is how I build anything , assemble in Haste Fill and Sand  later seems to be my ethic , but since I've been working on the Viggen I guess it's time to post something about it 

g8Ppe1r.jpg

Yes the Bench is a Mess , it always is  Deal with it!

hG1mfra.jpg

Yes the Tail is actually Purple , dammed Flash

RtiIOuR.jpg

Any resemblance between me and the Viking is purely accidental!

I adore these U/C legs - cleaned up and pauinted,(Alclad) - beautiful design and Executuon by Jet Mads

KFg6o8R.jpg

oF3HkkE.jpg

Health and Safety can go chase themselves!

and Finally the Camo that I will never talkabout  ever again-

iSSUs4X.jpg

Well you asked for it - I told you I can't take pics...!

Just the things that others have mentioned , Fuselage section joins , and of course the Wings, Please spend time getting the wings to fit before getting the glue out , I neglected it , and as I implied , there was a lot a lot of filling and tears before bedtime , and as others have done  don't complete the fuselage  before joining the wings , It's a lot easier to clean the wing joints without the weight of the fuselage 

Leave  off the Canards for as long as possible they are a PITA to work around

Careful removing the extra resin round the pylons and launch rails especially the mounting points 

Please be careful when handling the blocks of parts , the small pieces will free themselves  with little or no warning 

Other than that have fun and  take time 

Your colours - and build - look great to me. Will look even better when matted down.

I'm not sure how realistic it is, but I'll be aiming for the look the Viggen in the Grim Reapers' combat sim Youtube channel  has.

Smooth but very matt with it.

One query though. Is the black area of your radome extended a little too far aft for a reason?

Edited by Chek

The Black camo is doing that It ends at the nose  but my crappy camera doesn't distinguish  between the two colours , I painted the nose and tail before starting on the camo , so the demarcation matches the panel lines 

When I matt things down , I think of it as Dr Varnish doing a house call, Matt varnish  takes care of so many "problems" 

That's wonderful! All the painting and the scheme overall!

The landing gear look absolutely fantastic and it is really a thumbs-up design.

The radome black is covering a larger area than the original however. Question: Have you done it on purpose? The original black radome ends where I marked it with red. That is an easy fix just by painting over the excess black, if you have not chosen to excercise an artistic licence.

h-G1mfra-red.jpg

Stellar paint job! That scheme makes the Viggen double beautiful imho and you have done great with that. And I think this is the first one to have a completed Fields and Meadows scheme, so hats off for that as well :clap2::clap2::clap2:

On the other hand I'd echo what has been said about the radome, assuming accuracy is not neglected in your build.

19 hours ago, Scotsman said:

As I have said before the one thing NO One least of all me wants anyone to see is how I build anything , assemble in Haste Fill and Sand  later seems to be my ethic , but since I've been working on the Viggen I guess it's time to post something about it 

Yes indeed!

It's looking great. And you are on the finish line already. That landing gear looks spectacular.

Cheers

Rainer