Sidewinder question - what am I looking at?

RLWP

loading+swedish+hunter+NEW+NEW.jpg

Well, I know some of it - on the bottom is a Sidewinder and at the top is a Hunter J-34. The pylon and the rail are the bits I'm interested in

0nVoUZb.jpg

The pylon is probably the same as used in other locations on the Hunter so I can modify one of the kit ones. What about the rail? Is that available anywhere?

More pictures here: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/473274-j34-swedish-hunter-f4-with-sidewinders/

Richard

7 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

It's a MIL-L-83966 Aero-3B Launcher. Flying Leathernecks do/did one in 1/48 but I have seen others.

This is why I love this forum! Thank you

So that's what it is, where would I find a pair in 1/32? I have checked Scalemates - no luck

Richard

13 minutes ago, RLWP said:

This is why I love this forum! Thank you

So that's what it is, where would I find a pair in 1/32? I have checked Scalemates - no luck

Richard

I'm thinking that the Sidewinder rails that come in the Revell F-4E would be close enough? Bottom right corner.

rm_4668_parts4.jpg

1 hour ago, Paramedic said:

The Sidewinder is the Swedish produced, on license, AIM-9B. Called "RB 24" in Swedish Service and used on the J 34, J29, J 32B, AJ 37-"family".

Thank you, that's what I thought. I've got a pair of AIM-9Bs from Eduard which will do the job. It's the rails that I need now

Richard