1/16 M4A1 (76)W planned by I Love Kit for 2022?

Jan_G

If true, that would make me very happy indeed!! I don't do a lot of tanks, but I love the early Shermans, and have been wanting one for some time, without having to spend a small fortune to convert one of the other Jumbo kits made for R/C. 

The M4A1 76(W) isn’t an early Sherman so you’d still have to source a new turret, 75mm gun, and mantlet.  The 76mm gun wasn’t added till later in the war in addition to the wet ammunition storage. Depending on how early you want, you may even need to modify the VVSS to the early version.

Edited by Juggernut

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

The M4A1 76(W) isn’t an early Sherman so you’d still have to source a new turret, 75mm gun, and mantlet.  The 76mm gun wasn’t added till later in the war in addition to the wet ammunition storage. Depending on how early you want, you may even need to modify the VVSS to the early version.

Good point. Although I was really more interested in the rounded hull design than anything. Same reason I love the Israeli M51.

12 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Good point. Although I was really more interested in the rounded hull design than anything. Same reason I love the Israeli M51.

The M4A1 with late hull and 75mm turret is a rare beast, apparently only around 100 of them having been produced. From what I read, almost all of them were used as DD tanks, and also had cast in armor where the welded on plates would usually be, so even more uniqueness there.

I have no love for the Sherman (no pun intended) in any form, so this is one that I can easily pass up. The Jeep idea is a good one, and I seem to recall that there are at least 1:16 Kubelwagons and such, but a WWII Jeep would indeed be great.