Hasegawa F-16A The NAVY's best jet.

Cheetah11

In 2002 the Navy Aggressor unit at NAS Fallon Nevada received 14 ex Pakistani Air Force F-16A aircraft, these having being embargoed and in storage since the late eighties.

This resulted in some of the more colorful color schemes to be carried by the F-16.  

The model was scribed and a few details updated to represent the NSAWC Vipers like the Data Pod and the intake scoops added to these aircraft. Pilot ,AIM-9L/M training missile and Aces II seat from Tamiya in spares box. Reskit provided wheels. Profimodeler provided the short pitot and the rest mostly scratch built. Despite its age still of my favorite kits.

DSC-7523.jpg

DSC-7525.jpg

DSC-7528.jpg

DSC-7527.jpg

aaas.jpg

DSC-7529.jpg

DSC-7532.jpg

DSC-7533.jpg

DSC-7541.jpg

DSC-7546.jpg

And ready to join the other Vipers in the pit.

DSC-7553.jpg

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

WOW !!!!! you managed to get the best of an old kit , very nice job , flawless . I really like the " flipper" paint scheme , and the way you improved the exhaust nozzle . hat off :thumbsup:

Alain

you should show us the UAE F16 E ,  I have the  " wolfpack "conversion waiting to be tackled   

That's a nice looking F-16A! Getting back to it's original "light weight fighter" look.

I remember the red, white and blue F-16's at Edwards with the rest of the test force

and now see it up to the Sufa version....that little jet has come a lone way...and gained 

a few pounds! Again...great job and it looks good in your F-16 stable.

Cheers....Ron

Thanks for all the compliments and interest Jeff, Brian and Maru. Really appreciated.

2 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Outstanding results on a challenging kit!

simply beautiful!!

color me very impressed my friend!

cheers

Pete

Hi Pete, tanks for the compliment. This coming from a former F-16 pilot is special.

The F-16 has been my favorite fighter since the YF-16 showed up and I have built most of the 1/48 and 1/32nd  models . First one the old Tamiya 1/48 prototype with the vertically split fuselage. I think this is my sixth Hasegawa 1/32 one and as you mentioned a challenging kit. But as they say 'the familiar touch of an old lover'.

Interestingly the Navy had to find an Air Force plane to simulate the Mig29/Su27 threat in the form of the F-16N in the late eighties and then replace these with the F-16A in 2002. The replacements for these are rumored to be more Vipers.

Good luck with the move and happy modeling.

Nick

1 hour ago, aircommando130 said:

That's a nice looking F-16A! Getting back to it's original "light weight fighter" look.

I remember the red, white and blue F-16's at Edwards with the rest of the test force

and now see it up to the Sufa version....that little jet has come a lone way...and gained 

a few pounds! Again...great job and it looks good in your F-16 stable.

Cheers....Ron

Hi Ron

thanks for the compliment. You are right the F-16 have gained a few pounds. As a youngster I remember being super impressed when Janes pocket book quoted the empty weight of the YF-16 as 12500 lbs. with 24 000 lbs. of thrust. A little far away from the Block 60. My Belgian friends said the F-16A was a fair match for the F-16C. Not as much thrust but better wing loading. 

Cheers

Nick

18 hours ago, alain11 said:

Hi Nick

WOW !!!!! you managed to get the best of an old kit , very nice job , flawless . I really like the " flipper" paint scheme , and the way you improved the exhaust nozzle . hat off :thumbsup:

Alain

you should show us the UAE F16 E ,  I have the  " wolfpack "conversion waiting to be tackled   

Hi Alain, tanks for the interest and the compliments.  I hope your Friends at Master194 would like the amount of  "juice" on this one.:rofl:

I hope the winter is not too cold this year and you can do a lot of modeling.

You wanted a few photos of the F-16F. Here are a few. AM seats, nozzle, and undercarriage bays, the rest all scratch build. BTW I have started cutting the fuselage of the F4u-5.

DSC-7562.jpg

DSC-7567.jpg

DSC-7573.jpg

DSC-7570.jpg

DSC-7577.jpg

Cheers and happy modeling

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Nick, 

I particularly enjoy the way you have transformed the surface of the old kit. The panel lines are excellent and show the confident stroke of someone who has re-scribed more than a handful of models. Imagine how bored you will be building a modern Tamiya kit! :lol: 

Sean