Z-M Bf109G-14 “Old Man Blog”

Dave Williams

8 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

photo04.jpg

I had not realized the aircraft had 02 mottling as well.

Sincerely,

Mark

RLM 02 was also included by RLM as a colour for fuselage mottles. See this discussion https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/messerschmitt-bf-109-g-camouflage-original-document.56797/

Radu

Edited by Radub

Radu, it's not that I'm unaware of the use of 02, I also have a copy of the document of which you linked.  In addition, I have seen color photographs of aircraft with 02 mottling.  It is that I had not considered that this aircraft would have 02.  It was an eye opening moment for me.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Radub Just one question;

The BF 109 had the shape side of the fuselage slighty asymmetric whit The other side ( one side more flat than the other side for offset the Torque effect)

Is It on the model? Or the difference is to small for put in a model kit?

Do you know how much that difference is? ( Only for Knowledge)

8 minutes ago, HB252 said:

Radub Just one question;

The BF 109 had the shape side of the fuselage slighty asymmetric whit The other side ( one side more flat than the other side for offset the Torque effect)

Is It on the model? Or the difference is to small for put in a model kit?

Do you know how much that difference is? ( Only for Knowledge)

Yes, the asymetrical tail is included in the model, the asymetry is quite significant and is noticeable on the model. It is very hard to quantify "the difference" because it is not just an angle (such as the Hurricane or Mustang). When viewed from above, the tail has an "airfoil" cross-section, with the starboard side almost flat and the port side curved. There are original factory drawings for the tail fin and the fin on this model is based on that drawing. 

Radu 

I have to say, Im no 109-O-file and have not even built one in our scale. I do however have several in my stash, and do like the vast plethora of schemes and colors. 

With all that said, and having built quit a few of the old mans kit, I will definitely be in for one of these. 

Guest Vincent
10 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Radu, it's not that I'm unaware of the use of 02, I also have a copy of the document of which you linked.  In addition, I have seen color photographs of aircraft with 02 mottling.  It is that I had not considered that this aircraft would have 02.  It was an eye opening moment for me.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

It most likely didn't have 02 mottling. Even the late G6 did not have it

7 hours ago, Radub said:

Yes, the asymetrical tail is included in the model, the asymetry is quite significant and is noticeable on the model. It is very hard to quantify "the difference" because it is not just an angle (such as the Hurricane or Mustang). When viewed from above, the tail has an "airfoil" cross-section, with the starboard side almost flat and the port side curved. There are original factory drawings for the tail fin and the fin on this model is based on that drawing. 

Radu 

Thanks for your answer and the info

Looking forwards for built one