Z-M Bf109G-14 “Old Man Blog”

Dave Williams

19 minutes ago, VintageEagle said:

It seems that with the first kit only the configuration of Hartmann’s aircraft can be built. It would have been nice if parts for the tall tail and tail wheel would have been added as well to have both options. I am sure it would not have increased cost by much. But as long as there will be other versions coming as stated by ZM that’s ok. 

I wouldn't count on it just containing the requisite parts for that specific aircraft, as I said the HS 129 came with one decal option, three different engine intakes, and the bomb rack, which was surplus, hopefully the instructions will be available to download from the ZM site before long, and we can then see the runners.

Looks like a great kit, and one which should fill the ZM coffers, ensuring they have a bright future.

2 hours ago, VintageEagle said:

It seems that with the first kit only the configuration of Hartmann’s aircraft can be built. It would have been nice if parts for the tall tail and tail wheel would have been added as well to have both options. I am sure it would not have increased cost by much. But as long as there will be other versions coming as stated by ZM that’s ok. 

What you see in the photo of the kit parts is just a display for today's event in Tokyo. As I aleaready mentioned, some parts are not shown. Please wait until the kit is issued for a more complete idea of what is on the runners. There will be more announcements from ZM in due course. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

Radu,

Im little confused

The photos shows that the tail plane will be movable?!

Other thing, the front if the cowling in 2 pieces, wont be a issue in the Aligment of the nose?

The propeller and spinner in display at which plane are belong?

5 minutes ago, HB252 said:

Radu,

Im little confused

The photos shows that the tail plane will be movable?!

Other thing, the front if the cowling in 2 pieces, wont be a issue in the Aligment of the nose?

The propeller and spinner in display at which plane are belong?

The tail plane is not movable. 
The front of the cowling has to be split into two for tooling reasons. There should be no problems with alignment (unless you are really careless). The propeller and spinner are for a Bf 109 G.

Radu

22 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

That’s a grossly oversimplified statement.  There are dozens of reasons why Germany lost the war.  Those are two of them.

This is all beginning to resemble a certain Fawlty Towers episode, let's keep the chat just about the kit.

A couple of short-tailed G-14's

82118-00.jpg

82118-05.jpg

Long an avid fan of the FW 190D and Ta 152, I pre-ordered ZM's Me 109-G-14. I hope it's better than their previous iteration of the TA 152 H-1. Various subassemblies on that bird looked like they came straight from an old matchbox kit.

If it's accurate in dimensions and its overall engineering, ZM will have come a long way with its Luftwaffe line.