Z-M Bf109G-14 “Old Man Blog”

Dave Williams

19 hours ago, Tony T said:

I met a French Jew (I was in love with his daughter) who was slave labour in a Noxie aircraft factory back in 1944-45. What's not to find disturbing about that regime?

Yuk.

Why this love for Nazi hardware?

Yuk

Tony

I understand where you're coming from, Tony.  My father was one of those who liberated Belsen and he told me only a little of the horrors there.

With respect, WW2 is a matter of history, much of which is about warfare which is always horrendous.  Firstly, if we forget it, we repeat it.  Secondly, this period threw up some huge technological advances in every area of life and for us that means the planes.  Don't allied machines also suggest a love for this terrible period in our history?? 

We're all here as we celebrate aviation, in all it's forms.  It's a fascination.  Who here doesn't look up at the sky when we hear a plane overhead?  While German planes could be a symbol of Nazi oppression and fanaticism, they're also a symbol of ingenuity too and later in the war, as a frantic but hopeless defense of ordinary civilians, regardless of their political persuasions.  So it could also be argued that to build a model of anything related to warfare is to celebrate that warfare.  I prefer not to look at that side of that argument, but to enjoy my chosen period of aviation and the challenge of building a better model than my last one.

I apologise if what I've said bothers you, and if the moderators here chose to delete my post, so be it.  War seems too often to define mankind, as present day events show, but there's another side to our nature too which is what I chose to celebrate.

Best wishes,

Michael.

Edited by Dpgsbody55

Somehow I doubt that someone who is into “nazi stuff” is interested at all in a multi-part scale model or that they have patience to assemble such a model. Does anyone know of any situations (march, gathering, protest) where a “nazi” waved a model of a German aircraft high up in the sky while chanting slogans? Let us get some perspective here. There are other places on the internet (and recently in the real world) where such people can get more immediate “gratification” and there are other symbols and signifiers that “nazis” embrace these days. 

Radu

On 1/9/2022 at 12:58 PM, Radub said:

You can see the spinner in the photo of the built model with the Hartmann figure next to it. https://hobby.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992230856.html?__lang=en
Radu

Can't see the spinner profile, which is the key.

That chin radiator scoop is waaay to shallow.

pickpickpick  ... see , it's starting already    :whistle:

3 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Can't see the spinner profile, which is the key.

That chin radiator scoop is waaay to shallow.

pickpickpick  ... see , it's starting already    :whistle:

Trust me, the spinner is fine! It is based on measurements of the real thing and the existing factory drawings. A lot of attention was given to it. I will ignore the chin scoop comment, because your emoji makes me guess you are joking. Let us not start another twelve pages of crazy about it. Just wait until you see it for real. ;)

Radu 

Edited by Radub

I was quite chuffed that I could build the major Bf 109 marks (B/E/G/K/S-199) without having to display a swastika. (Or 'swoss sticker' if you're a UK Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport). Then I wanted to include an 'F'. Still thinking about that one. 

1 hour ago, Chek said:

I was quite chuffed that I could build the major Bf 109 marks (B/E/G/K/S-199) without having to display a swastika. (Or 'swoss sticker' if you're a UK Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport). Then I wanted to include an 'F'. Still thinking about that one. 

Hungary also used the Friedrich (if the only thing you want to avoid is the swastika marking).

Other thing to think:

The stabilizer tail plane is done like one piece movable?

I mean, the tail plane will be movable?

I do nota see that parte on the photos

In a very detailed modelo It Will be a Big point

36 minutes ago, HB252 said:

Other thing to think:

The stabilizer tail plane is done like one piece movable?

I mean, the tail plane will be movable?

I do nota see that parte on the photos

In a very detailed modelo It Will be a Big point

The stabilizer is in "one piece", of course split horizontally into upper and lower parts (just like the real thing ;)), but it will not be movable. That may be a mistranslation from Japanese into English. 

Radu 

On 11/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, nmayhew said:

don't even start me on that nonsense!! :blowup:

Ah come on, don't be like that it would make an ideal 35th scale kit although I would prefer a few more 50's, 60's and 70's helo's in that scale. Am really looking forward to the soon to be available Border Models Ju-87. More power to their elbow and lots more releases, pretty please (in both scales).

1 hour ago, Radub said:

The stabilizer is in "one piece", of course split horizontally into upper and lower parts (just like the real thing ;)), but it will not be movable. That may be a mistranslation from Japanese into English. 

Radu 

It is pain for me

I Hope the stabilizer Will be movable, the ZM was the last Hope

You can not put movable because the stabilizer is link Whit a square piece un the vertical tail:wacko:

15 minutes ago, HB252 said:

It is pain for me

I Hope the stabilizer Will be movable, the ZM was the last Hope

You can not put movable because the stabilizer is link Whit a square piece un the vertical tail:wacko:

As I said, it is not going to be movable. 

Radu