Z-M Bf109G-14 “Old Man Blog”

Dave Williams

I'm sure it will be fabulous ( I have their 1/32 He-219, Hs-129 and Ki-45) but I do wish there was some facility to order a basic airframe version of these kits and of course, this 109. Unless you are doing a dio such as a crash or maintenance scene, I struggle to see what purpose is served by all this "But I know it's there" features on the kits which then probably double the cost of the kit. I also know that over-engineering often causes basic fit issues; their Ta-152 was a bit of a dog in that respect.

Great model though and I am glad to see that Z-M are still doing new 1/32 projects.

Gary

Yes, a basic airframe kit sans gizzards would be nice as an optional edition, especially if it were just over half the price. 

But I'm glad they are doing well, even if I see myself sticking to Revell's Gs with Brassin bronze legs and some Barracuda resin bits. 

Tony 

16 hours ago, Tony T said:

Yes, a basic airframe kit sans gizzards would be nice as an optional edition, especially if it were just over half the price.

Tony 

Alas Tony I'm afraid this is a wishful thinking. We see that in the AFV market (the same kit being offered without or with interior) but I have yet to see that in the airplane kit market. Eduard does that but only for additional components. <_<

Having recently completed the Revell G with all of it's shape issues (there are a ton), and spending 4X what the kit is worth on AM and still having major shape issues that cannot be fixed without replacing both fuselage and wings...   I'll be looking forward to an accurate one.

Revell will never get another penny from me.   How ROG could mess it up so badly is beyond me.

8 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Is it just me, or is this blog update exactly the same as the previous one?

:huh:

Kev

the link at the top of this thread is not an “update”. There is only one “Old Man’s Blog” and you can read it at this link: https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_114.html 

There is another thread on this forum dealing with this, you can see it here: 

The link at the top of this thread is for an “article” on another website that copied and pasted the contents of Old Man’s Blog article as if they got some kind of “scoop”. :)
Radu