Valiant B(K)PR1

MikeC

A slight diversion from large scale: Valiant B(K)PR1 of 543 Sqn based at RAF Wyton.  The kit is the recent Airfix reissue, with markings mostly from home-cut masks, Eduard canopy masks and Master pitots.  Decals were used for the fuselage roundels and the few stencils I bothered with.

IMG-6833-2.jpg

Hopefully coming soon to a Phoenix Scale Publications mag soon.  "Who?" I hear you ask.  The answer is a new publications company which launched at Telford. https://www.phoenixscalepublications.co.uk/

Edited by MikeC

Thanks for the kind words folks.

1 hour ago, Panzerwomble said:

a few more pics please Mike ? 

Sorry, it's for publication in a mag, so only one I'm afraid.

6 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

You'll have to post when it's available, cheers!

Wilco.

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Scale?  1:72?

Yes indeed, apologies for omitting that in the OP.

4 hours ago, Rob Owens said:

Spectacular paint job! The only improvement would be a “Whiffer” in RAE Raspberry Ripple :D

Thanks.  This aircraft, and others from the unit, were involved in sorties over the ocean and seas north of the arctic circle, often staging through Bodo on Norway.  So the large red areas were for visibility in the event of a crash on the ice I suppose.    I imagine the "trade" was Soviet vessels headed from and to the Northern ports, places like Archangel or Murmansk, but that last is pure speculation on my part.

Edited by MikeC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I did promise I'd let you know when this was published.  I believe it won't be in a print edition, but will be in the extra content available to digital edition subscribers.  More info at Phoenix's website: the link is in my OP above. 

• 2 months later...